CCarProject [Mac Frontend] Roadmap Inputs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCarProject [Mac Frontend] Roadmap Inputs

Hi folks, I thought I'd try to help Benjamin out by collecting some inputs from everyone about what/how CCarProject should progress. I haven't been too helpful to him lately as I've been working on installing my own Mac Mini, but I thought the least I could do is get a sense from folks about what is most important to you for functionality.

Looking at his timeline, Benjamin has been working on implementing the database that you all had input on a few weeks ago. Looking at the source, there's all kinds of Quicklite (and SQLite Cocoa wrapper) code and libraries in it now and the most recent update was yesterday afternoon, so he's continuing to implement changes.

My question to you all is pretty straightforward.

What are the most important features CCarProject should have in it? I'd like not only features but in order of importance. I'll take the task of organizing requests into something useful for us all to look at and make sure Benjamin gets it.

Thanks in advance, everyone!
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

1. An exit button/bigger minimize button. I know it has been discussed, and maybe even implemented already, but it is important just because it is the main reason I do not use the software at this point even though it works... it is difficult to exit/navigate outside. I am going to stop there and let others input while i ponder what I think is important. I just wanted to bring this up again cause I am hoping the next release has these features so I can use it more.
    Carputer status: [-*---------]
    Im thinking laptop...

Comment

Ability to play iTunes purchased tracks.

Comment

I don't know if the latest version includes it, but:
        1. 800x600 resolution option.
        2. Skinnable
        3. Track memory - meaning when sorting through music, instead of taking you back to the first song on the playlist, it remembers what song you are playing and takes you there.
        4. Larger minimize button
        5. Similar to iTunes, a track progress bar. Allowing you to skip forward in the currently playing track.
        6. Cooler and clearer currently playing graphics.

Comment

Integrated XM Radio support
          MikeH

Comment

I personally want a front end that is all I ever see when Im using my carputer. UNless im adding/updating etc I only want to view my frontend....no need for a minimize (windowed mode?) button directly, putting into submenu maybe...

Rearview (multiple view?) camera support

night/day skin modes (for contrast during day and cooolness at night...)

DVD player integration

ODBII support....(lol)

iTunes library/playlist exactness, how I see it in itunes I want it in the front end, same capabilities (changing headings like genre, album etc) and sorting features....
            (All done)
            iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

+1 on the day/night settings. And that purges a memory of mine. I think the type is to thin/light/delicate. My friend running roadrunners' screen is much easier to read during the day. It uses a thicker/heavier but not bulky font that is white on black. The contrast is much better and easier to view during the day. At times CC is unviewable w/ sunlight.

Comment

Application launcher that sits ontop of the desktop and acts like a frame. This would help future expansion. ie GPS, whatever. This is a really crude idea, but I think it gets my point across.

7" Lilliput
                1.42 Mac mini (512MB,80GB,Combo,Bluetooth,Airport)
                Carnetix P1900 with CNX-P5V
                Radioshark
                GPS (BU-303)
                Polk MMC 650
                Infinity Kappa 62.7i
                Alpine MRP-F240

Comment

I would love to see some itunes like options. (get the little things first then work on big things I guess is my order)
                  1.I mentioned in a different forum but a button to toggle random or sequential play would be great
                  2.Start playing the songs if you open the program and just hit play(right now you seem to have to pick a song)
                  3.Be able to play purchased music(might just be we have to convert them to mp3 but whatever)
                  4.I'm not sure what the next button sets up but it seems to follow the same order everytime might be nice to have this random
                  5.Maybe I just can't figure it out but it would be nice to be able to have a queue and add songs to it
                  I know its a lot but just on my mind hope this helps let me know if I can do anything else
                  Josh
                  JDKARR01
                  Mac Mini(80 Gb/512Mb mem/Airport/Bluetooth)
                  GPS(Route 66-hopefully something better soon)
                  DWW-700M
                  Progress[still buying stuff]

Comment

Originally posted by anthropod
                    Application launcher that sits ontop of the desktop and acts like a frame. This would help future expansion. ie GPS, whatever. This is a really crude idea, but I think it gets my point across.

Not sure I'm following your illustration. Application launcher, I understand. But the frame thing? Not sure what you mean. Can you elaborate?
                    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                    Want to:

Comment

Yeah, I didnít think I explained myself real well. Application launcher that when it launches the program, the front end still sits on top so it still feels like you are still using the front end. You hit the return button you go back to the application launcher and from there could go back to the components of the front end. I have seen some KIOSK programs that did things similar, they called a different program, but you felt like you were still in the kiosk system.
                      7" Lilliput
                      Radioshark
                      GPS (BU-303)
                      Polk MMC 650
                      Infinity Kappa 62.7i
                      Alpine MRP-F240

Comment

I got it. Kind of like embedded GPS in Centrafuse. A little bit like the mini mode in Frodoplayer, but appearing to be more connected to the running app than that.
                        Want to:

Comment

Originally posted by Bugbyte
                          I got it. Kind of like embedded GPS in Centrafuse. A little bit like the mini mode in Frodoplayer, but appearing to be more connected to the running app than that.

Perfect, that is what I was trying to convey. :-)
                          7" Lilliput
                          Radioshark
                          GPS (BU-303)
                          Polk MMC 650
                          Infinity Kappa 62.7i
                          Alpine MRP-F240

Comment

RANDOM PLAY.
                            As most users should be familiar with the iPod, I suggest to copy the iPod's features - this is what most people use. And the feature I am missing most in buidl 0.7 is: play random track.

Comment

what about implementation of itunes visualizers? want to have whitecap(r) in my dash that would be nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X