Mac Mini Audio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac Mini Audio

For those of you that have used a Mac Mini, I have a question.

Did you use the audio out jack on the mini for sound?
    If so do you feel that it was of good quality?

If not, what did you use, and are you happy with it.
    (Ie, Firewave, Griffin iMic, etc.)
    7" Lilliput
    1.42 Mac mini (512MB,80GB,Combo,Bluetooth,Airport)
    Carnetix P1900 with CNX-P5V
    Radioshark
    GPS (BU-303)
    Polk MMC 650
    Infinity Kappa 62.7i
    Alpine MRP-F240

I find the on-board Mac mini audio to be of excellent quality (compared to my EPIA M10000). I use this audio output to feed my audio amp. I have also successfully connected an Audigy 2NX USB soundcard, which also produces very good audio.
    MikeH

Comment

Audio out. Sounded great to me, but I'm not as discerning a listener as some folks seem to be around here.
      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
      Want to:
      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

SAME HERE and I'm powering 2 Amps w/over 2000 Watts - AUDIO IS EXCELLENT. I doubt anything will sound any better...

::JP
        1995 3000GT RED : MIAMI'S HOTTEST 3000GT
        V6King.com - 1st MAC MINI on a 3S

Comment

Anyone bought a Griffin Firewave yet?

Thats wut I plan on using to run my audio.
          Mini --> Firewave --> 5.1 (mixing center to front L/R) --> 5 channel amp
          (All done)
          iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
            I have also successfully connected an Audigy 2NX USB soundcard, which also produces very good audio.
            How so? Did it not need any crazy special drivers or anything? This is exciting news for me because I thought that soundblaster stuff wouldn't work on a Mac ... ah the amazing power of USB ... it opens up options since that works ... i can't wait to have all my parts to start my install (I'm getting closer!)
            Mazda 3, meet Mac Mini. Mac Mini, meet Mazda 3.
            Mac Mini in-car coming soon.
            Progress: [||||||||||||||||||--] (90% Complete,Initial install is complete, now adding on and fine tuning.)
            Progress Blog: http://mikemazda3.blogspot.com/

Comment

i use iMic but would definitely prefer the use of SoundBlaster Audigy NX USB .... how did you get it running? Just plug and play?

Does the optical out work too?

Comment

Originally posted by Piperclub
                i use iMic but would definitely prefer the use of SoundBlaster Audigy NX USB .... how did you get it running? Just plug and play?

Does the optical out work too?
                Plug n play all the way. You won't have all the features as I understand it(no mac software, right?), but it works well from what Ive heard.
                MikeH, please elaborate on the extent to which it works with mac!
                Carputer status: [-*---------]
                Im thinking laptop...

Comment

the firewave isn't out yet- i emailed griffin and they said by the end of second quarter which ends in mid july.
                  Mazda 3, meet Mac Mini. Mac Mini, meet Mazda 3.
                  Mac Mini in-car coming soon.
                  Progress: [||||||||||||||||||--] (90% Complete,Initial install is complete, now adding on and fine tuning.)
                  Progress Blog: http://mikemazda3.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X