Which Camera?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Camera?

Guys, just wondering which camera are you guys using your cars... Any suggestions?

::JP
    1995 3000GT RED : MIAMI'S HOTTEST 3000GT
    V6King.com - 1st MAC MINI on a 3S

Separate input to the LCD via the RCA inputs or FireWire/USB into the MacMini?

For the direct RCA input, we are using VioSport's Adventure Cam.
    http://www.rainydaymagazine.com/RDMGGVioSport.htm

For the FireWire/USB we are currently testing out the Kensington Orbit and Apple's iSight.
    http://www.rainydaymagazine.com/RDM2...OrbitSetup.htm

We looked into a bunch of IR capable cameras (for night use) but they were all either too costly or not really that useful... any suggestion would be welcomed.

Comment

are you crazy? what prices! very expensive

Comment

Money...doesn't it grow on trees?

What... you don't have one in the backyard :-) We are reusing the Viosport cam from another project. We wanted a good quality image because we would like to do some other image processing/feature extraction projects with the Mac mini setup...not just look at fuzzy images of the rear of the vehicle.

If you are just looking for a rear view camera...there are tons of them out there for less than $30 bucks (EBay). They just didn't provide a usable image for processing.

Comment

They are kinda expensive..There's really none that I have seen small enough that is USB

I would like to have a few that's why I would not go via RCA...

What would you suggest?
          1995 3000GT RED : MIAMI'S HOTTEST 3000GT
          V6King.com - 1st MAC MINI on a 3S

Comment

We are having the same problem. Ideally we would go with all iSights and use the SecuritySpy software, but the cost adds up pretty fast.

Would be nice to find a low cost CCD solution from one of the Chinese companies... they are out there, just a matter of finding them.

Comment

For night vision: I did some googling and I found that there are some companies that make some ill active IR illuminators. Mount a couple of those blasters on your bumper and you're set

Comment

iSights paired up with SecuritySpy software is fantastic. I use them on a daily basis.

Comment

i have a sony USB webcam PCGA-UVC11A it is USB and also fit in my 3rd brake light enclosure (LED spoiler). my only probelm with it is no reverse imagery
                  RIP 1993 civic sedan
                  RIP 1993 civic Del Sol

Hello! VW Golf 1.8t

Comment

Ebay is the way....

This Cam is quite good, got is from a ebay seller in Hong Kong, works well at night, not used very much in car as I only have a small hand held tv, I will link it into the back of my soon to be aquired touch screen but for the mo i have it pointing out into the garden to look at the ducks there at night
                    Free iPod, no Catch

Have a look, its worth it.

Car PC

Home made Alluminium Case, AMD Sempron 2300+, 256DDR 400, 80gb IDE HDD, Wifi + Bluetooth, Music selected by pocket pc connected to the computer (need to buy a touch screen.

Comment

Working...
                    X