A thought for music audio interface

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A thought for music audio interface

I've been planning my install into my Boxster and was thinking about the small iTunes button issue.

Instead of trying to skin iTunes, I am thinking about reskinning Slimserver and using that for an audio interface. Doing it in HTML/CSS makes a lot of sense to me, but I want to make sure I am not missing anything by trying this.

I hopefully should have a prototype skin by next week, but I figured I could see if anyone had any suggestions or thoughts before I went ahead and did one.

show it off if you do it!
    Carputer status: [-*---------]
    Im thinking laptop...

Comment

I definitely will, I am basically reskinning the already existing TouchPad interface to be a bit smaller so that it will fit on a 7" screen. The icons are slightly too large right now.

I am also going to add a background for my car and stuff like that to make it fit in better, but really this does seem like the more ideal solution. I would recommend those unhappy with iTunes for car use check it out because it seems ideally suited.

You can get the software here
      http://www.slimdevices.com/

Under settings -> interface, set Touch as the desired skin to start.

You can then use Saft to run Safari in kiosk mode to have it run full screen...

Comment

How are you doing on the touch skin?

I have downloading the Slimserver software and have been playing with it. I find it a bit slow. It takes several seconds before the software reacts.

Comment

Originally posted by defender90
          How are you doing on the touch skin?

I have downloading the Slimserver software and have been playing with it. I find it a bit slow. It takes several seconds before the software reacts.
          It is a bit slow, but not so bad on my iBook G4/800. I suddenly got busy with work so my adaptations to the touchscreen interface is going slowly. I basically removed some of the extra icons so it would fit onto an 800 x 480 screen easily. I think I will have to push back my skin until I get more time to do it....

Comment

I am working on something with applescript to do pretty much the same idea. I have the iTunes portion working pretty well if you just want to do basic functions. I'll post what I have by the end of the week. It's nothing to get your hopes up about but might be a start for someone who is more of a programmer cuz I'm just an engineer.
            JDKARR01
            Mac Mini(80 Gb/512Mb mem/Airport/Bluetooth)
            GPS(Route 66-hopefully something better soon)
            DWW-700M
            Progress[still buying stuff]

Comment

Working...
            X