Clear All

• '04 Nissan Frontier/Mac Mini install - FRONTEEZ

I now have a computer in my truck, it's DONE. Here are the details:

-1.25 GHz Mac Mini running Mac OS X 10.4.. Tiger
    -Xenarc 700 TSV touchscreen
    -Carnetix 1900 power regulating device
    -6 port USB 2.0 hub/Memory card reader
    --Belkin bluetooth USB card w/ 333+ ft. range
    --D-Link DWL-122 wireless 802.11b USB card (capable of passive mode)
    -iKarr interface (Thanks to Josh Karr)
    -Sound system
    --Rockford Fosgate 800a2 amp
    --Alpine 320watt amp
    --12" Pioneer shallow mount subs in a custom box
    --Absolute separates
    -Optima yellowtop battery

Pictures here:

Please give me feedback.

Next to come, dashboard programming... oh yeah...
    -===Fronteez===-

Originally posted by fronteez
    Please give me feedback.
    Very nice. I like the position of the Mac, which allows you to use the CD/DVD drive.

Just one note - what about putting the Mac a bit deeper and a common bezel for it, the screen and audio control panel?

And another note - not just for you. Many people here seem to place their screens pretty low in their dashboards. To me, this looks kind of weird, even dangerous, especially when you use touchscreens. Do you guys ever experience problems with that?

Comment

Looks great man... Seems iKarr doesnt quite fit in your screen. What are the dimensions of your screen maybe I can edit it a little for you. Thanks for the plug by the way. Hopefully we will get something in objective c in the near future(haha I'm crazy busy but I'm trying to drowned slowly) Keep it up man.
      JDKARR01
      Mac Mini(80 Gb/512Mb mem/Airport/Bluetooth)
      GPS(Route 66-hopefully something better soon)
      DWW-700M
      Progress[still buying stuff]

Comment

replies

Originally posted by Jirka Jirout
        Very nice. I like the position of the Mac, which allows you to use the CD/DVD drive.

Just one note - what about putting the Mac a bit deeper and a common bezel for it, the screen and audio control panel?

And another note - not just for you. Many people here seem to place their screens pretty low in their dashboards. To me, this looks kind of weird, even dangerous, especially when you use touchscreens. Do you guys ever experience problems with that?
        Greetings gurus. The mechanic who did most of my install is actually working on a bezel, it should be done sometime late next week. I could push the mini further in but I'm leaving it like this for now to let the wires breathe and because I don't want to spend to much time on a solution that will be quickly obseleted by the soon to come bezel. I put my screen low because for a few reasons. #1 the cops in my town are... well... very anal about that, I guess it's illegal to have a screen at eye level. #2 when my hand is on the shifter it's very easy to get to hit the screen from that position. I don't use it for driving/watching DVDs much, I like my truck too much to crash it over a movie.

Originally posted by Jirka Jirout
        Looks great man... Seems iKarr doesnt quite fit in your screen. What are the dimensions of your screen maybe I can edit it a little for you. Thanks for the plug by the way. Hopefully we will get something in objective c in the near future(haha I'm crazy busy but I'm trying to drowned slowly) Keep it up man.
        Well, I'm using the normal Xenarc 700TSV at 800x480 resolution. iKarr seems to go past the bottom a bit, but I am only using iTunes on it for now and that's positioned perfectly in the top left. I really haven't customized anything yet...

Hey, have you guys thought about integrating bluetooth functionality into any of your solutions? I use Romeo right now, it works great! When someone calls it brings up their phone numer, name, and picture if its in my address book. It also turns down the music and does a lot of other things if you want it to. You guys are amazing, I will follow in your footsteps and make an interface using strictly widgets, or 1 big widget. I did my undergrad in CS, so it shouldn't be too bad.
        -===Fronteez===-

Comment

I knew this would have been easier in my Frontier than in my MDX. Should have kept that thing.

Oh well, still working on "Packin a Mac in the Front of the Ac(ura)"
          www.alabamahokies.com | www.loungearoundtown.com

Coming soon....
          2004 Acura MDX with Mac Mini installed...

Comment

Pretty nice install man

Comment

Working...
            X