P1900 Deadman Timer Timout?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P1900 Deadman Timer Timout?

I am adding the (jumper selectable) deadman timer to the P1900 firmware. It will shut down power to the Mac after X days have elapsed without the ignition being turned on. This is to make sure the battery doesn't drain.

My initial thought was to have the 'X' equal 3 days.... However, based on the positive feedback from users using sleep mode, I'm tempted to make it more than 3 days (4-6?). I can only choose one number since there are no more available jumpers.

...your thoughts? Is 3 days the right number?

Sorry for the rush, bu Monday AM is my decision deadline...
    MikeH

3 is good for me
    05 MINI Cooper Cabrio "Mac MINI"
    progress 95%- Mac Mini, Lilliput 7" , usb-wifi, Rayming GPS, Route 66,easy cat touch pad, CCAR front end"skinned",P1900 power supply

Comment

3 is very good...pretty much perfect!
      Micco
      Project Status: Installed! (v1.0)
      Mac Mini (1.4ghz, 1G RAM, 80G HD)
      XENARC 7" (DigtalWheelz)
      Carnetix 1900 + P5V Powersupply
      AII-NIS HU Adapter
      iMic
      Belkin 7-port "Tetra" USB hub
      Front end...CCar right now.

Comment

Mike

3 is good for me....with a truck, I don't plan to get caught out so will be shutting down when in the middle of nowhere anyways :-)

Comment

3 seems good to me!

Comment

Three. A full 3 days, 72 hours
            Originally posted by ghettocruzer
            I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
            Want to:
            -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
            -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

3 days would probably work for me. Just a question to Mike: can't you make more versions of the firmware, each with a different timeout and let the user pick, which one he downloads into his P1900?

Comment

3 days sounds good. and when i do the firmware upgrade, ill take the opportunity to figure out why my mac wont go to sleep. its like a kid who drank 3 mountain dews and a bag of candy before bed....
                Mac Mini BMW -- Done! (but always in progress) -- TOTALLED -- Damn lady didn't "see" the redlight

Comment

Originally posted by avidan
                  figure out why my mac wont go to sleep.
                  Mine actually goes to sleep but then it wakes up in some 10 seconds or so. The problem is the RS232-USB adapter. I will have to modify my software to suspend all serial port activity before going to sleep and then restoring it again.

Comment

Looks like 3 days is the right number...thanks for the feedback.
                    can't you make more versions of the firmware, each with a different timeout and let the user pick, which one he downloads into his P1900?
                    Yes. We have already done this with the P1260. I will post the memory location of the "days" (actually hours) timer location in firmware. You can then program if or whatever you want. Check out the U-Flash webpage for how this will be done.

Thanks!
                    MikeH

Comment

Hey Mike, when do you think this revision will be available with the P1900's?

Comment

Working...
                      X