Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mac Mini power connector & cable without brick here!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac Mini power connector & cable without brick here!

Guys,

I just wanted to guage the demand for the power cable and connector. I'll post a pic of the entire assembly. No need to purchase another power brick to cut the wire.

How many of you would want this?

Cheers!

If the price is right I might like one. I would love to make a dock in my car so I can bring my mini in the house at night to play with.

Mike
    05 MINI Cooper Cabrio "Mac MINI"
    progress 95%- Mac Mini, Lilliput 7" , usb-wifi, Rayming GPS, Route 66,easy cat touch pad, CCAR front end"skinned",P1900 power supply

Comment

I'd go for it...seems the carnetix power supply is backordered so something would be nice right now
      JDKARR01
      Mac Mini(80 Gb/512Mb mem/Airport/Bluetooth)
      GPS(Route 66-hopefully something better soon)
      DWW-700M
      Progress[still buying stuff]

Comment

I'm interested!

Comment

Its not the power supply. Just the cable and power connector. You'll still need the P1900.
          Attached Files

Comment

My God man, it's brilliantly simple. Well done but I already cut my power cord
            My Mac Jeep

Comment

Yes, HELL YES - can I get one by next week - Where do I send the $$ - trying to have my stuff done before NOPI Nationals.
              Gizmo-
              Techonlogy on Wheels
              http://www.hjnetworks.com/car

Comment

me too

me 2

Comment

Dude! That's great, I was about to cut my power brick cable too...

Comment

Count me (or rather my brother actually) in... But I'm doing his isntall here in a few weeks, so if we can get one of these it would help immensely!

BTW I don't know why you bothered asking about demand... of COURSE there is demand! Cutting the power cord on the mini voids the warranty on an apple power supply. Apple power supplies have terrible problems historically. Modifying the power supply also arguably could void your warranty on the entire mac mini too, as would powering it from the carnetix, but at least if you don't chop up your power cord they can't attribute problems to your psu modification however innocouos it might be.
                    MY CAR IS FOR SALE!
                    See My Project Page for Details - 2003 BMW E46 ///M3
                    Custom Dash Monitor Housing - OEM Fitment
                    Custom Overhead DVD-ROM Housing in Headliner
                    BMW I-Bus Integration
                    My homepage with many other fun projects!

Comment

+1
                      I'mmmmmm a n00b.... feel free to make fun

Comment

me +1

Comment

me too

Comment

Count me in unless the price is insane. Even though I've cut the power cord, I can patch this one onto it and use the Mini in the house, like I've been wanting to.

Any idea what the price would be?
                            Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                            I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                            Want to:
                            -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                            -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

i only got samples now, don't know what the selling price will be yet. but i guess you could check with Mike Carnetixs coz I will likely send him some in a week or 2.

cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X