• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac GPS and Japanese help wanted

Hi

Just wondering does anybody have a clue what it does

http://www.alpsmap.co.jp/consumer/pc...new/index.html

I rather am not really fluent in that language

Anyway can't imagine this is potent program if it were it seems we are mising a lot of a much needed app

Could some proficiant in Japanese give us a clue of the worthiness of the program

Many thanks in advance

Cheers

I went to babbelfish (http://babelfish.altavista.com) to translate it. I dont know how to link to it but it but heres cut and paste from each paragraph.

It is understood clearly to shape and position of the building, "5 thousand urban figures" are added anew, covering 1,284 cities in the detail. With the map scroll which was sped up rapidly, please view the up-to-date detailed map, freely.

Up-to-date address as of 2005 April 1st corresponds to the large merger of Heisei, postal code, the facility data the tower .
    From the search box of the main window which is installed anew, directly address and the facility and postal code can be searched. The keyword which is input is distinguished, the search which is optimum automatically is done.

etting various conditions without connecting to Internet, the route to destination, it can inspect distance, time and fee. Furthermore, it can indicate the altitude graph of the route, it is possible also to quarry out the result in iPod photo, it is large participating in the planning and Nabi.

From the place the fact that now you see indicating the station with one click. Of course, address and latitude longitude, also altitude, with one click in the clipboard the simple copy. It can pull out many information, directly from the map.

Favorite shape, favorite color, it can write information on the map favorite with the font, library function uses, the indication to on the map freely can manage.
    Also the photograph and video and music can link. And, it is possible to search the memo which is registered instantaneously.

Retaining the route search result, if you use the quick wheel of iPod photo, like whether it plays back the route quite of, it can indicate. In addition, it is possible to quarry out the place where it appoints, with reduced scale of 5 stages, even ahead going out, changing reduced scale, the place it can verify.

Anew the tower GPS navigation & the data communication . Using GPS, presently it indicates position in the map in real time, can exchange the data. In any case, please be born and try tasting the colorful function of the professional atlas X 2 which changes.

Comment

I read Japanese. Looks like a pretty full featured map/nav program. Is there something in particular you wanted to know about it? In any case, if you can't read Japanese, and I assume you don't live in Japan, I don't see how it's going to do you much good.

Comment

Well eeeehhh Yes

In fact I do understand from the translation and the origin of the program it is meant to be used in Japan

But as a Mac OSX program doing what up to now nothing else did it natively I'm wondering if someone is using it and what are their findings and also this program can fill a huge void in the Mac Market.

If you read between the lines of the fishy translation it seems very useable

Can you tell me if what is described there sounds as good as I think it is or am I just drooling looking at a fata morgana (my brother would say the wholy grail of Mac GPS soft)

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ca55e5a
          Well eeeehhh Yes

In fact I do understand from the translation and the origin of the program it is meant to be used in Japan

But as a Mac OSX program doing what up to now nothing else did it natively I'm wondering if someone is using it and what are their findings and also this program can fill a huge void in the Mac Market.

If you read between the lines of the fishy translation it seems very useable

Can you tell me if what is described there sounds as good as I think it is or am I just drooling looking at a fata morgana (my brother would say the wholy grail of Mac GPS soft)

Thanks
          Hi, the software is maps not just for gps but for anything. You can download maps in jpg for your ipod photo, or use it with a gps. I sent them an email and no they do not have US maps nor are ever planning on release it here in the US. Also the software is about 400dollars US. hope that helps. If you want a translation on a specific part of the page let me know.

~skippy911

Comment

Alas it could not be

Thanks for the help

Another dream in the drain

By thee shouldn't the holy grial stay a myth, to long for on the longest quest we have endured on this side of the mac

Cheers

ca55e5a

Comment

Working...
            X