Power Screen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Screen?

Do i have to slice the power cable of the screen and hook it up to the p1900's Secondary power connection or is there another way I'm not seeing? I've read and read and no one talks about how to actually power the screen.

Cut it and hook it up to the P1900. If that gives you chills, get a molex connector and put it in line so you can still use it from the regular power supply one day.
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Does it matter if i cut the cigarrette lighter power cord instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Bugbyte
        Cut it and hook it up to the P1900. If that gives you chills, get a molex connector and put it in line so you can still use it from the regular power supply one day.
        Can you be more specific as to what kind of molex connector? (Read: link please?)
        2005 Black Chevy Impala
        Current Status: Installed in Vehicle/Testing 75%

Comment

here

You'll need a male/female pair.

Cut the cigaretted lighter. That's what I did to save the AC power supply.
          Originally posted by ghettocruzer
          I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
          Want to:
          -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
          -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

don't need to cut

I have the 1020tsv. It has a cigarette lighter plug. I just wired a cigarette plug receiver to the p1900 so I wouldn't have to cut the original cable from the screen. Not that it's a big deal or anything.

Comment

Working...
            X