Front Row de Apple

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Row de Apple

Apple just release a new application called Front Row.

http://www.apple.com/imac/frontrow.html

A sort of media center for Music, Photo, DVD and others movies. It will come with the new iMac which use a iSight camera built in the display. It also come with a 6 buttons remote that control many function.

There is a small tour which show you that navigation is a lot like iPod's structure.

http://www.apple.com/imac/tour/

I guess we do not need the remote to use the software and that we can just click or use the touch screen.

I hope it will be possible to install it in a Mac-Mini.

Franco
    Help me keep my web site up to date.
    Mac-Mini in Passat

this is near perfect.

its a matter of whether or not front row is only for the iMac. i doubt it.
    I hope the mods don't realize I can still post.

Comment

looks like apples take on MCE

Comment

I'm just hoping that I can download the software soon for my Mac mini :-)

Comment

watching the webcast right now, frontrow is awesome!
          The transition from the desktop to frontrow is sweet.
          I dont use a mac, havent in ages but im a little impressed with what apple has done with there recent offerings. I can now see putting a mac in the house as the family computer/media center and not have to worry too much about everyone not knowing how to use it.
          The video cam software (isomething) is pretty cool too, and photobooth. Not that its anything revolutionary, but just done cool and simple.
          01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
          01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
          mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

FRONTROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO. SO HOT!
            I just wish my car wasnt totalled. damn it. damn it. damn it.
            I would hook frontrow up to my steering wheel. or the powermate. or to some sort of neural transmitters to make it perfect.
            Mac Mini BMW -- Done! (but always in progress) -- TOTALLED -- Damn lady didn't "see" the redlight

Comment

any way to hax0r it and put GPS, Radio, TV and a clock as extra options?

Comment

Cant wait for this, they're selling the remote already separately so that should mean the software will soon be available... I THINK THIS WILL DEFINITELY BE AWESOME!!!!!
                1995 3000GT RED : MIAMI'S HOTTEST 3000GT
                V6King.com - 1st MAC MINI on a 3S

Comment

This would be the perfect front end for me I think.
                  I wonder if it would work with a mouse?
                  Even with a remote, I still would want it.
                  7" Lilliput
                  1.42 Mac mini (512MB,80GB,Combo,Bluetooth,Airport)
                  Carnetix P1900 with CNX-P5V
                  Radioshark
                  GPS (BU-303)
                  Polk MMC 650
                  Infinity Kappa 62.7i
                  Alpine MRP-F240

Comment

Centerstage is being worked on right now, possibly much quicker and better than before with FrontRow lighting a fire under their asses.

but so far FrontRow is ONLY for the iMac, it runs with the built in IR remote so its kinda proprietary. not to say it wont run on anything else, but so far its "not for sale".

The point of front row is to use the iMac, which has its own screen, as your ONLY media center including your DVD player, CD player etc. Kinda silly IMO, but some peeple dont have a DVD player and use their iMac instead of the TV in the living room.

If you had this for the Mac Mini, it would be awesome, but in due time.

Stick with CenterStage, it will be much easier to customize Id think.
                    (All done)
                    iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

from what i understand the remote is bluetooth. The ir on it is for the ipod dock. The imac doesn't have an ir reciever, that little black cirlce on the screen is the iSight camera. so, (MacMini+Bluetooth+Apple Remote)/car=pure bliss.

me and my friend are going to get a remote and try to hack it up and put it in the steering wheel control I think. hehe ... all i need is money now .... damn ... hate that little stipulation ...
                      Mazda 3, meet Mac Mini. Mac Mini, meet Mazda 3.
                      Mac Mini in-car coming soon.
                      Progress: [||||||||||||||||||--] (90% Complete,Initial install is complete, now adding on and fine tuning.)
                      Progress Blog: http://mikemazda3.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TxMazda3
                        from what i understand the remote is bluetooth. The ir on it is for the ipod dock. The imac doesn't have an ir reciever, that little black cirlce on the screen is the iSight camera. so, (MacMini+Bluetooth+Apple Remote)/car=pure bliss.

me and my friend are going to get a remote and try to hack it up and put it in the steering wheel control I think. hehe ... all i need is money now .... damn ... hate that little stipulation ...
                        the remote is IR, steve said it in the keynote... plus that black thing on top of the remote is the IR bit, the reciver is next to the iSight.

Comment

If indeed it is BT and this is backed by the distance up to 30 feet (typical for BT)

Just think about hacking the driver and the endless possibilities

I'm sorry what I'm going to state now is dangerous but still Mac Rules

That's my saying

Anyway, this stuff made me curious and I have a lot of winter evenings coming to brush of my assembler and fortran as cobol to start playing with applescript and Xcode

WHo said I'm a grandpa, when I started with computers and that's not that long ago 4K ram was alot I repeat 4 kbytes and a mainframe PDP 8 or PDP 11 with 32 kbytes was humungous

Yes good old times (aaaarrgghhh the joys of punching cards but I think even in the US punching cards is still used for trivial tasks as electing the president LOL)

Now serious this is great am counting down for the new Mac Mini, to replace mine in my install. Imagine even with Front Row Misses will use it and won't find it trivial to have a Mac in the car.

Comment

Front Row

Front Row uses an IR remote. Check the review on Macworld
                            Macworld review
                            Davy

My F-150 Car Install http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...699#post644699

Comment

Working...
                            X