Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Increasing Mouse Pointerin OS9

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Increasing Mouse Pointerin OS9

    I have os9 and I'm trying to figure out how to increase the size of the pointer, anybody?

    thanks

    ps,I'm typically nota mac user so be kind
    BossTone74

  • #2
    Originally posted by bosstone74
    I have os9 and I'm trying to figure out how to increase the size of the pointer, anybody?

    thanks

    ps,I'm typically nota mac user so be kind
    BUMP BUMP BUMP!
    BossTone74

    Comment


    • #3
      no love??
      BossTone74

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by bosstone74
        I have os9 and I'm trying to figure out how to increase the size of the pointer, anybody?

        thanks

        ps,I'm typically nota mac user so be kind
        I have try this shareware many year ago before I move to OS X but since you still are on OS 9, you should try this utility.


        UltraPointer 1.0.6

        http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/17183

        UltraPointer allows the user to increase the visibility of the mouse pointer/cursor by overlaying a mark to the area around the cursor. This mark can either be a circle, ring, or crosshair, and has user-definable transparency, size, and color. UltraPointer eliminates the need to bring a laser-pointer along to presentations, and can help users with impaired vision.

        Franco
        Help me keep my web site up to date.
        Mac-Mini in Passat

        Comment


        • #5
          Here are some freebies (always nice to have a freemeal)

          http://www.tucows.com/preview/204209
          http://www.tucows.com/preview/204202
          http://www.tucows.com/preview/204200

          Also funny and helpful is installing eyes (I know that's old but at least it follows your cursor and tells you where it is !!

          Must have a ton of them on diskettes somewhere in the basement

          If still in need post and I will dig

          Comment


          • #6
            Many thanks guys, I will try them out on Mon.
            It's for one of my students that is visually impaired.
            BossTone74

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MacMobile
              I have try this shareware many year ago before I move to OS X but since you still are on OS 9, you should try this utility.


              UltraPointer 1.0.6

              http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/17183

              UltraPointer allows the user to increase the visibility of the mouse pointer/cursor by overlaying a mark to the area around the cursor. This mark can either be a circle, ring, or crosshair, and has user-definable transparency, size, and color. UltraPointer eliminates the need to bring a laser-pointer along to presentations, and can help users with impaired vision.

              Franco
              Will it still work for OS9??

              Requirements:
              Mac OS X 10.2 or later.
              BossTone74

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bosstone74
                Will it still work for OS9??

                Requirements:
                Mac OS X 10.2 or later.
                Sorry,

                You are absolutely right, it won't work. My mistake. I would have to look into my older CDs. I know I have one that does this but I gave you the wrong one.

                Right now, your best option is to go with ca55e5a suggestion.
                If it does not work, then I will go through my old CDs.

                I don't have a OS 9 to try it but there is a keyboard shortcut to zoom in and out the screen. It is fast and I saw people with bad eyesight that used that feature very often. I know that in OS X it is in System preference and I think it was there too in OS 9. Maybe it was a Magnifying glass, I am not sure ;-( I wish I had better memory.

                Good Luck.

                Franco
                Help me keep my web site up to date.
                Mac-Mini in Passat

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MacMobile
                  Sorry,

                  You are absolutely right, it won't work. My mistake. I would have to look into my older CDs. I know I have one that does this but I gave you the wrong one.

                  Right now, your best option is to go with ca55e5a suggestion.
                  If it does not work, then I will go through my old CDs.

                  I don't have a OS 9 to try it but there is a keyboard shortcut to zoom in and out the screen. It is fast and I saw people with bad eyesight that used that feature very often. I know that in OS X it is in System preference and I think it was there too in OS 9. Maybe it was a Magnifying glass, I am not sure ;-( I wish I had better memory.

                  Good Luck.

                  Franco
                  Thanks! Yeah if get a chance that would be REALLY cool if you found that program.
                  BossTone74

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bosstone74
                    Thanks! Yeah if get a chance that would be REALLY cool if you found that program.
                    Before I go digging, you might want to try those first.
                    They all work under OS 9.
                    I think you you might like the first one.
                    I did not try it but it look like it is doing close to the one I had.

                    http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macos/11011
                    Biggy-Light is a complete program that contains the largest cursors ( arrows, pointers ) ...... Great for low-vision and seniors.


                    http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macos/15729


                    Not sure about this one
                    http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macos/2400
                    Help me keep my web site up to date.
                    Mac-Mini in Passat

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Just another possibility

                      http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/7806

                      Normally it's just the opposite it features an extremely accurate pointer (finer)

                      But as a freebie and the author also suggest on his site that whatever you fancy he can produce

                      And as a freebie you could always sent him a mail and check for it

                      Or if adventurous open the file with Resedit and customise it

                      Must admit haven't tried any of them have a bunch of old macs taking up space in the attic and still haven't committed myself to ressurrect some of them with the purpose of controlling my home (still another unborn project of mine, a big box with a lot of stuff never installed)

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X