FRONT ROW *hacked* for mac MINI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRONT ROW *hacked* for mac MINI

front row has been hacked and there is a video that is shows running on a mac mini... click on the link to see the video and artcile

http://www.tuaw.com/2005/10/24/reade...on-a-mac-mini/

my first post... I love this site and I have a Mac MINI just waiting to put in my car hehehhe

Peace

**********UPDATE*********

DOWNLOAD FRONT ROW NOW
    http://thefifthrule.com/T5R/?p=76

I fully agree, this popped right into my head. A great front end for the car. AND all you need is a Bluetooth phone for the remote. NO need for a touchscreen at all...

Comment

Again, CENTERSTAGE is the project to look at.

Same idea, and its not being made by apple for itself.

CenterStage is what you SHOULD be looking at if Front Row entices you.

http://centerstageproject.com/

And I fail to see how using a bluetooth phone is easier or even safer than using a touchscreen in a car. You still are using one hand off the steering wheel.
      (All done)
      iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

centerstage is taking way too long. If they spent as much time on the software as they do on the website, then maybe it would be done. Besides, they can't possibly compete with Apple's resources.

Comment

my friend has frontrow on his mac mini, dvd doesnt work tho

Comment

woo got DVD player working, after long and tireing plist changing etc.

Comment

But front row, someone is gonna have to hack it to pieces to make it customizable with everything a carputer needs.

Even centerstage isnt going to have GPS, so what about that?
              (All done)
              iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

Hacked Front Row Released

Front ROW RELEASED check first post for bittorrent link

Comment

I've tried front row on my powerbook and on my uncle's mac mini carputer, it lacks the touchscreen capability, doesn't accept mouse input . And also, I'm planning to hack my airclick to make it control front row, not just iphoto or itunes but I've yet to try it out I think the airclick is missing one button if it will mimmick apple's new remote control so that is a big problem. Overall, front row for the car is the way to go, i'm going to try centerstage now!
                  carpc blog

Comment

Originally posted by rdag
                    woo got DVD player working, after long and tireing plist changing etc.
                    you mind sharing the hack to get DVD working? Privmsg or better yet post it here!
                    carpc blog

Comment

doesnt run on my mini.

I get the words Front Row on the top left, but holding down escape doesnt do anything.

Comment

Okay, and now it does. So using a Mac is like using a PC

I love the way it fades in and out.
                        This can be written in flash, and then it would use any programmes.
                        I like the way that it interacts with Itunes. I am going to see if I can find a stand alone app that does that.

Comment

i hope someone works out the bugs in this and makes it simple and useable!
                          2005 Dodge Ram HEMI

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2239451

15" LCD touchscreen
                          Mac Mini
                          6" Headrest monitors
                          Modded Xbox

5 PSone screens going in doors
                          And another 15" LCD!

Comment

mine works fine, no bugs, working with salling clicker, DVD player working, Movies working, iTunes working, all good here

Comment

yeah this is all fine and great, but until we get some good GPS software on the mac we are still going to be missing a big part of the system
                              -----------------
                              Dashboard Monkey - CarPC News, reviews, installs and more
                              -----------------

Comment

Working...
                              X