Slimline DVI cable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slimline DVI cable?

Does anyone know where I could get a DVI cable with a low profile end? Kind of like Bugbyte's VGA cable?

I don't have a huge amount of clearance behind the mac as-is. I could use the adapter and a small VGA like the one above, but I think if I can find a DVI cable like that it would be even better.

Thanks!
    JD
    MY04 Subaru WRX, San Remo Red,
    Mac Mini carputer (Macindash) nearly complete. Current capabilities: Media playback, touchscreen interface, dual OS via VPC, iGuidance navigation. Future plans: Video capture, OBD-II interface, more racing stuff.

what i did with my xbox is take a dremel or dye cutter and shave off the plastic connector and expose all of the wires going to the pins. then just electrical tape them up and it will be very small/flexable instead of a big block. i hope i made sense. it takes away fron the durability of the cable but just dont pull on the cable super hard and you will be fine.
    2005 Dodge Ram HEMI

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2239451

15" LCD touchscreen
    Mac Mini
    6" Headrest monitors
    Modded Xbox

5 PSone screens going in doors
    And another 15" LCD!

Comment

How about something like this
      The Car 2005 Scion xB

The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

Comment

http://store.yahoo.com/videoware/dvirightangle.html

how about a right angle adapter for your current DVI cable?

:edit: above option looks better
        I'mmmmmm a n00b.... feel free to make fun

Comment

That's good! I wish I'd found that before I put mine in. Ultimately, I had to make my own VGA connector to get the clearance I needed. The one in the picture was still too big for my needs.
          Originally posted by ghettocruzer
          I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
          Want to:
          -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
          -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Originally posted by markopolo311

Man, If I had known this before I glued my DVI-I Plug in my Dock (to be soldered very soon), I would have taken this option!!
            Mac Mini in VW Golf 4
            Current Status:
            35% - screen in car, dock almost finished
            [#######-------------]
            Check out my Worklog

Comment

Will it work ?

Originally posted by markopolo311

this looks like a dual link dvi. will this work with a mac mini which appears to be a single link ?

Comment

Just from the scale, it doesn't appear that the right angle would be much shorter than the other adapter I'm looking at. It's a great idea though. Apple actually makes one that serves the same purpose as the one that came with the mini, but has a short cord between the DVI plug and the VGA plug. I'm guessing it will be similar dimensions to my TV adapter, which fits fine as far as I've seen. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
                MY04 Subaru WRX, San Remo Red,
                Mac Mini carputer (Macindash) nearly complete. Current capabilities: Media playback, touchscreen interface, dual OS via VPC, iGuidance navigation. Future plans: Video capture, OBD-II interface, more racing stuff.

Comment

Working...
                X