New Mac-Mini project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mac-Mini project

Just got a new Mac-Mini for Christmas and would like to put it in my 2005 Honda Civic. I was thinking about putting the mac in my glove box and 6.5" screen in my double din slot...

I have six speakers so I need a six channel amp... How many watts do you all recommend? I have good sound now and don't want to compromise the sound... Any suggestions would be appreciated....

Quick question...

Can I use the audio out built in to go to the amp or should I get something like a Audigy 2 NX or igriffin... what are the pros and cons to these?

Comment

in the audio forum

Comment

use a griffin firewave

Comment

I have searched but I was just wanting some other suggestions, I see that is has been done all ways but in your all's experience, what do you all think about the qualitiy of the sound?

Comment

For the few moments I had it hooked up to my Clarion (before I had to send the defective clarion back ), my external soundcard (Edirol UA-1EX) sounded fantastic, both with music and video from iTunes and DVD player. If you want any kind of sound quality, go with an external card. The built-in headphone jack just won't cut it, especially after spiltting to stereo RCA.
            MY04 Subaru WRX, San Remo Red,
            Mac Mini carputer (Macindash) nearly complete. Current capabilities: Media playback, touchscreen interface, dual OS via VPC, iGuidance navigation. Future plans: Video capture, OBD-II interface, more racing stuff.

Comment

Thanks... did you run it an aux? I was also wondering about the modulators... how do they sound?

Comment

Yeah, I had it hooked into the Aux in on the HU. I've messed around with FM modulators too, if that's what you're talking about. Don't bother with those either, the sound coming out of the headphone jack is poor enough, the modulator will make it worse, and make it fade in and out because of the FM frequency. An external card like an Edirol or an Audigy actually takes over for the built-in (laptop quality) card. Completely worth it. The Edirol is only about $80.
                MY04 Subaru WRX, San Remo Red,
                Mac Mini carputer (Macindash) nearly complete. Current capabilities: Media playback, touchscreen interface, dual OS via VPC, iGuidance navigation. Future plans: Video capture, OBD-II interface, more racing stuff.

Comment

Working...
                X