Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help. Frontend suggestions? opinions input devices?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help. Frontend suggestions? opinions input devices?

Mdrt4me here....

Wanted to build a Mac based unit having problems understanding the input device options and whether a touchscreen can fully 100% function for a input device for the Mac based front ends.

Powermate + touchscreen ?
    Touchscreen only ?
    Just Powermate ?

What OS version is stable with these frontends?

Is Frontrow a good option for frontend?

Thanks for your Help my little monkey forum trollers!

ChrisG

welll.. a powermate is not really a front end but if you plan mainly on just listning to music with itunes it will do the job quite efficiantly, theres also the old orginal version of tatraapp that uses a powermate to controll things, it has music and some other kinda nifty features. If you are wanting to use a touchscreen you have a few options none of which are quite compleeted. one is c-car wich handles music and that is about it,the others are verry fragmented but some may considder them functional such as the original Ikarr or other things like that floating around. if I were you I would get a touchscreen so you don't dig yourself into a hole in case a good frontend comes along but in the meantime just use a powermate with itunes or possibly with frontrow but i'm 100% sure that compatable yet.

Comment

Originally posted by bcohen5055
      but in the meantime just use a powermate with itunes or possibly with frontrow but i'm 100% sure that compatable yet.
      Yes PowerMate and FrontRow work well.

Franco
      Help me keep my web site up to date.
      Mac-Mini in Passat

Comment

Working...
      X