Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with USB devices not working after restart

Hi guys,

I have a strange behaviour with my USB devices connected through a HUB that is powered by the P1900.

I have my Touchscreen and Powermate on the USB Hub, but every so often after a restart or wake from sleep the touchscreen and / or Powermate isn't working until I take the plug out and put it back in...

Any ideas on how to get this annoying problem solved?

I am experiencing what I believe is the same problem with the PowerMate from time to time. However, I do experience it even when the USB hub is only powered from the Mac mini. I first thought the problem was caused by a wrong cable or connector, but now I believe the problem is something (no idea what exactly) in the PowerMate driver.

Could you check your log whether you can find something there? I can see "PowerMate device removed" message when the PowerMate stops responding and then "PowerMate device added" when I disconnect and connect it again. Strange thing is that even during the time PowerMate does not respond, it is visible in the Apple System Profiler.

Comment

I have the same problem. Here is my current config:

Back off Mini
      ***TouchScreen
      ***USB cable to first hub

First hub
      ***iMic
      ***USB cable to 2nd hub

Second Hub
      ***radioSHARK
      ***PowerMate
      ***BU-353 GPS

I have tried many configurations and for a while I had problem with readioSHARK but sometime with others. With this configuration, it is the PowerMate that fail most of the time at wake-up. I look around in google and I found that there is a known bug in Window XP with some devices after waking up from sleep. I wonder if Mac OS X does have the same problems.
      Help me keep my web site up to date.
      Mac-Mini in Passat

Comment

I have my Powermate attached through a non powered hub and haven't had this issue.
        Originally posted by ghettocruzer
        I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
        Want to:
        -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
        -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Originally posted by Bugbyte
          I have my Powermate attached through a non powered hub and haven't had this issue.
          All my hub are powered ones, I will try to keep only the USB plugged in to see if the problem disappear.

Thank you
          Help me keep my web site up to date.
          Mac-Mini in Passat

Comment

Working...
          X