Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• y.a. mac direction finder

hey guys,

just wondering if anybody happened upon the Google Earth beta that's floating around the usual spots on the internet. used it, and seems like it will kick *** when finally released. does directions with satellite imagery, overlays of streets, will find a typed-in long/lad, etc. it runs fine on my G4 1.5 PB.

as for gps, i suppose it would be trivial to write a tool similar to this one: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63630
    i checked, and the "new network link" command exists in this version. i'd give it a whirl, but alas, i have no gps.

caveats: needs 'net connection, no applescript, and flakes out (at least for me) when switching to fullscreen. but after all, this is just a leaked beta, so i wasn't hoping for the world.

here's to hoping they release it soon, bugs fixed, maybe apple-scriptable.

that is SO COOL! someone get it working PLEASE!

Comment

google earth on a mac? i havent sen one yet.... am i missing out on something?
      2005 Dodge Ram HEMI

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2239451

15" LCD touchscreen
      Mac Mini
      6" Headrest monitors
      Modded Xbox

5 PSone screens going in doors
      And another 15" LCD!

Comment

Yeah, there's a beta of it out there. Pretty similar to the PC version. Only problem is that it needs Tiger, so I haven't had a chance to try it out.
        Originally posted by ghettocruzer
        I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
        Want to:
        -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
        -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Having to be connected to the Internet is the only reason I won't use this for my in-car setup. It would be perfect if it weren't for that. Maybe there's a way to cache all the maps on board, and run on that with no connection. That wouldn't be too bad, I spose we could use it like that and have to wait til we have connection to look up addresses and such...
          Pictures never lie.
          Only Photoshop does.

Comment

Working...
          X