800 X 480 on Mac Mini with Lilliput 7" touchscreen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 800 X 480 on Mac Mini with Lilliput 7" touchscreen

Hi I am new here I don't know if this is the right thread to ask this question. Is it possible to have 800x480 resolution on a 7" lilliput with the mac mini? If this is possible hope somebody could help me thanks

Please let me know if you figure this out. I am searching and searching for the answer! I have found some tips on getting the Xenarc screen to work using DisplayConfigX. However, so far I have not been able to use the same specs for my 7" Lilliput.

Comment

try these settings

800 active 480

24 front porch 3

72 sync 7

96 back porch 10

bandwidth 29.910
      horizontal frequency 30.151
      refresh rate 60.302

must be a timing resolution

i think those are the settings i used. i'll check to make sure
      let me know if you have questions

Comment

this is in displayconfigX by the way

Comment

Originally posted by onepuff
          Where is it located? thanks

Comment

it is in the resolutions tab
            go to that and click on the + symbol
            enter the settings and then you need to install it
            the displayconfig x website can answer some questions
            http://www.3dexpress.de/

Comment

Originally posted by onepuff
              Yup this will do it. Did it this weekend. Gluck.

Comment

Worked for me too! Thanks guys. Its almost done now.

Comment

thanks one puff.... worked like a charm...

Comment

i have a lilliput eby701. when i enter the resolutions tab and hit + displayconfigx will not give me an option to change the front and back porch along with the sync. does this mean my monitor wont support 800x480?

Comment

did you set it as a timing resolution?

Comment

I've googled it up many times but this seems to be the only way to get 800x480.

Isn't there a way to whack that ONE setting into display config directly?

DisplayConfigX costs more than I'm willing to pay for a one-off solution...

Although I guess the real reason is I'm unwilling to shell out more cash until I'm certain that an OSX front end is the way to go.

P.S. I am in NO way saying that displayconfigX is a waste of time - it's great, if I was a graphic designer I'd love the extra functionality that it provides, with multiple resolutions and tailored timings - especially for projector work. It's just a whole program for one resolution seems like complete overkill.

Comment

Originally posted by MX5PC View Post
                          Isn't there a way to whack that ONE setting into display config directly?
                          Yes, there is. The files with these settings are stored in /System/Library/Displays/Overrides/ If you can figure out the file structure (I belive it is documented somewhere on ADC), you can achieve exactly the same result as with DisplayConfigX. But believe me, it is much better and (counting your time) cheaper to just buy DisplayConfig X...

Comment

i have tried settings in displayconfigx from these forums and ones found on macvroom.com but they all result in my eby701 "going out of range" has anyone used these settings and got the eby701 to display 800x480 on an intel mac mini?

(i purchased the software so i have full functionality)

Comment

you've got to remember to change the refresh rate from 100hz to 60hz. had the same issues and fixed that and works great on both my eby701 and 889gl.

Comment

Working...
                              X