USB Keypads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Keypads

I am planning to fabricate a usb keypad (like transporter )

i will be running standard laucher, each program will be assigned a numeric code

Question,

does it matter which one i get, seems like just a keyboard, even though a lot of them do not say that they work with mac's

or it has to be mac certified, because obviously i would like the smallest i can get

-Yev
    R. T. F. M

Something like this unit:

http://www.artlebedev.com/portfolio/optimus-mini/

would be very cool, but it only has three buttons. I'd love to be able to integrate two of these as thumb controls on the steering wheel!
    The Mercenary Missileer's 2000 Toyota 4Runner Highlander Edition

Comment

Originally posted by hammer32
      Something like this unit:

http://www.artlebedev.com/portfolio/optimus-mini/

would be very cool, but it only has three buttons. I'd love to be able to integrate two of these as thumb controls on the steering wheel!
      I don't know that too much, for 3 buttons you can make yourself, you can launch software via ibutler by just holding the specific key for more than 5 seconds, you can preset time yourself.

anyway sorry for being ****imistic, but mac car is npt worth it, i converted my mac mini into entertainment center at home, to watch dvd's on my DLP projector, and pay music, that the only place front row is somewhat usefull

i am going to switch to micro ITX, spending more time staring at the touch screen will get you in accident, and since there is no effcient mac interface you know

later,

Yev
      R. T. F. M

Comment

-
        R. T. F. M

Comment

that mini keyboard with screens was pretty tight
          2005 Dodge Ram HEMI

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2239451

15" LCD touchscreen
          Mac Mini
          6" Headrest monitors
          Modded Xbox

5 PSone screens going in doors
          And another 15" LCD!

Comment

Sorry, I assumed you were working on a mac car.

Originally posted by Yevmeister
            I don't know that too much, for 3 buttons you can make yourself, you can launch software via ibutler by just holding the specific key for more than 5 seconds, you can preset time yourself.

anyway sorry for being ****imistic, but mac car is npt worth it, i converted my mac mini into entertainment center at home, to watch dvd's on my DLP projector, and pay music, that the only place front row is somewhat usefull

i am going to switch to micro ITX, spending more time staring at the touch screen will get you in accident, and since there is no effcient mac interface you know

later,

Yev
            The Mercenary Missileer's 2000 Toyota 4Runner Highlander Edition

Comment

We just got the iRocks USB keypad for the same purpose.

It has a very slim profile and two extra USB ports built-in. Will post a FirstLook review sometime this week.

Comment

Working...
              X