Mac sound card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac sound card

I have been inspired by all of you to put a mini in my truck. At this point it is installed, but lacking a sound card, the headphone out isn't cutting it. I have been looking at the Audigy 2 or the imic, but what about the Firewave? Any suggestions would be great.

My setup:
    F150 FX4
    Mac Mini 1.42
    Xenarc 700tr
    Carnetix P1900

Originally posted by f150macmini
    but what about the Firewave?
    How long has it been preorder now

I have the M-Audio Sonica Theater which is ok, but I need to get a line driver to sit between it and my amps (cuts out around 30% volume and the max volume isn't that loud).

-dave
    My pathetic worklog.
    CarFrontEnd (now it's own sub-forum!!!!)

Comment

looking for a usb sound adapter as well. any suggestions?

Comment

usb to rca would be one

the problem you will have is wiring the factory car amp, i would research that before tearing car apart, i got new Jetta, pain in the *** sound wiring hell

-Yev
        R. T. F. M

Comment

I just got the Firewave... but I got problem with it, when I was playing iTune and using firewave as output sound device, the music just started playing strange, it played in a higher speed and higher tone.

Comment

Originally posted by gon
            I just got the Firewave... but I got problem with it, when I was playing iTune and using firewave as output sound device, the music just started playing strange, it played in a higher speed and higher tone.
            i think you got to check the drivers, the best way to find out WTFis call griffinm unless you got something else

Yev
            R. T. F. M

Comment

how are you guys wiring a 5.1 sound card, i thought all HU are just (left and right) RCA input. are you guys wiring directly into amp? and if so how are you still able to use your radio? LOL, they need to make a HU that has 5.1 channel input.

Comment

using a HU with a carputer IMO is a dumb proposition. lots of people disagree, lots others agree.

what you brought up is a good point, HU only has 2 inputs L/R.

Where as a computer can have a full 7.1 output.

So YES you connect it directly to the amp(s)
                (All done)
                iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

how do you connect directly into your amp and still have your HU run of the amp since the amp only has 1 set of rca input (1 source input)? thanks.

Comment

here's the solution for that
                    http://www.soundoffaudio.com/item.cfm/id/1304
                    Falcon cr53 w/ via epia m10000. Nokia 3650 blutooth phone.
                    Better than winamp. Click here for qcd player.

Comment

Originally posted by gon
                      GriffinTechnology still say pre-order,
                      http://www.griffintechnology.com/pro...wave/index.php

When did you order it, how long did you had to wait?
                      Can you control sub separately?
                      Does the interface is easy to Touch control?

Sorry to flood you with so many question because I have been waiting for this since it was first announce last summer.

Thank you

Franco
                      Help me keep my web site up to date.
                      Mac-Mini in Passat

Comment

Originally posted by MacMobile
                        GriffinTechnology still say pre-order,
                        http://www.griffintechnology.com/pro...wave/index.php

When did you order it, how long did you had to wait?
                        Can you control sub separately?
                        Does the interface is easy to Touch control?
                        at first when I ordered it I was thinking just pre-order it first, since I have heard that they gonna release it first quater of 06'. then I got it in three days, I was really surprising, I ordered on the web 7th or 8th of Feb. and got it on following Friday, just like two or three days...
                        as I mentioned before I got some problems with iTune, since then I haven't got a chance to look into it... and that's not only thing sucks, I emailed grinffin about the problems.... I have not gotten anything yet, it already has been more than a week.... so ... sorry I can't answer your question competely.... the control of the firewave is pretty simple so I guess it is easy to touch control...

Comment

Originally posted by gon
                          the control of the firewave is pretty simple so I guess it is easy to touch control...

After receiving an e-mail from Griffin, I posted here that Firewave would come out at the end of january. I made the mistake of checking the product page instead of the home page.

Thank you very much. I have been waiting a long time for that but after reading your post I think I will wait a few week before buying.

Can you post some screen capture of the Firewave control?

Are you using it in 5.1 or 2.1 mode? I will use it with only 2 front speakers and 2 sub speaker. If there is no 2.1 mode and you don't have the 5.1 speaker set-up you could end up sending center channel to your front speaker and have a higher tone problem. Yours seems even worse, you have higher tone and higher speed. Very strange...

I hope you post your review of your Firewave experience. It might help me and others to see if problems are resolved before buying.

Once again, Thank you

Franco
                          Mac-Mini in Passat

Comment

Firewave problem solved!

this afternoon I just fixed the problem... although... I don't really know what happened.. as grinffin stated that firewave can be recognized in midi setup in mac os X, after I adjusted the "format" of the "audio output", the problem just solved.... I guess it was a bug or something. but anyways so far I've heard pretty good sound, after that stupid bug!
                            about the 4.1 I have not yet installed my new bought 4 channels amp. which means I am still running 2 output for 4 speakers... and everything is still going through the HU.. haven't got time to deal with that yet!

oopps... sorry I don't know how to post pic... I don't have web space if you want I can email them to you ...the screen shots..

Comment

Originally posted by gon
                              oopps... sorry I don't know how to post pic... I don't have web space if you want I can email them to you ...the screen shots..
                              You can just attach it to a post to this thread. There is an Attach File option down the page in the Additional Option section.

I am Happy to know that the problem is solved. ;-)

Franco
                              Mac-Mini in Passat

Comment

Working...
                              X