Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nifty little keyboard (not Mac specific)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nifty little keyboard (not Mac specific)

This is a great size for an in car application http://www.l3sys.com/keybd/keybd.html. Too bad the price ISN'T right

-dave
    My pathetic worklog.
    CarFrontEnd (now it's own sub-forum!!!!)

I found that the thinkOutside Stowaway bluetooth is really nice...normally $150 retail or $100 ebay...I found a DELL rebadged one on ebay for $44 Shipped!!! the guy didn't list that it was a thinkOutside at all...saw a few more like this. Most people don't find them because they don't have the real name in the list so they stay cheep!

Comment

whoa.... that price, and still wired.

weak.

i always thought the frogpad was a neat idea. optimized for handed-ness, too. BT and $100 less.

http://www.frogpad.com/information/bluefroginfo.asp

Comment

lol looks like the old powerglove from nintendo. Wonder who'll be the first one to put one of those badboys in the car.
        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by thatshortkid
          whoa.... that price, and still wired.
          If you read about it, it's sealed for "harsh" environments. That's what runs the price up. You would think Bluetooth would be a better option in a sealed device though.

I looked at the Frogpad the other day. This one is QWERTY so there is no learning curve to it.

-dave
          My pathetic worklog.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMatrixJR
            I found that the thinkOutside Stowaway bluetooth
            Not bad, but looks a little flimsy if you don't have something under it. I like this one (except for the price) because it is small enough to be good for an in car device, but it appears to be stable enough that you wouldn't have to do any reinforcing for it to be usefull.

Price is a killer though

-dave
            My pathetic worklog.

Comment

if this is not mac specific then why is it in the mac section??????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????

EDIT: stop being antisocial!!! http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73607

Comment

i have the TO bt keyboard i use for my dell aximx30 pda. its one of the most well designed keyboards i have EVERY seen. i got mine on ebay, works perfectaly, and i do occasionally use it in my car.
                1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 in Evergreen Pearl Metallic, Lifted, Locked, and Armored. CarPc in custom console with molded touchscreen.
                Pictures
                Photobucket is being updated, if a picture i posted no longer works, please PM me.

Comment

Working...
                X