Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 on Intel Mac

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 on Intel Mac

Has anyone tried installing this version with either bootcamp or the Parallel's software. I was interested since a version of XP Media Center Edition can be bought at newegg.com for $109!

Nope from what I saw its a ***** all the steps you need todo to make it into one cd instead of two so I didnt even try.

Comment

Originally posted by skippy911
      Nope from what I saw its a ***** all the steps you need todo to make it into one cd instead of two so I didnt even try.

Here's a quick and easy way to make that happen:

http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/b...++Mac+MCE.aspx

Comment

I don't think that is using Boot Camp or Parallels software. Also I don't have access to a PC.

but thank you

Comment

That was done using bootcamp but I dont want to go through all the steps listed to make the single cd as mentioned above.

Comment

does mac want or support us running both operating systems. Do they help you if you have issues?

Comment

Originally posted by eacarrender
              does mac want or support us running both operating systems. Do they help you if you have issues?
              You meant Apple, right? :-)

They won't help you. Boot Camp is beta and Windows is not Apple's OS.
              Originally posted by ghettocruzer
              I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
              Want to:
              -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
              -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Originally posted by skippy911
                That was done using bootcamp but I dont want to go through all the steps listed to make the single cd as mentioned above.

the only problem is Windows Media Center Edition comes on 2 cd's, so anyone trying to install it using one cd is using a pirated copy...

Comment

Originally posted by LightningMac
                  the only problem is Windows Media Center Edition comes on 2 cd's, so anyone trying to install it using one cd is using a pirated copy...
                  "Pirated" is such a harsh word.....

Here is what I am thinking:

Intel Mac Mini
                  Tiger
                  Front Row for a front end on the Mac side
                  bootcamp
                  XP Media Center Ed.
                  Frodoplayer or Centrafuge for a front end on the windows side

Any suggestions?

Comment

Thats bs why dont you read the instructions posted in the link above. You use your 2 cd copy of media center and copy all the files onto the harddrive and make it into 1 bootable cd, thus it is not pirated. Yesh.

Comment

If you had a legit copy why would you need to condense them onto 1 cd? It would take twice the effort and would require you to modify the files and or directory structure. The only logical reason to do this is to make it easier to ILLEGALLY distribute!

Comment

If you had a legit copy why would you need to condense them onto 1 cd? It would take twice the effort and would require you to modify the files and or directory structure. The only logical reason to do this is to make it easier to ILLEGALLY distribute!
                        because bootcamp needs only one CD (right?)

Im pretty sure we can find a nice torrent for WMC already condensed to one disc

Now all I need to do is find someone who wants to buy my like brand spankin new mac mini g4 so I can fork up $100 or so for an intel.
                        2005 Dodge Ram HEMI

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2239451

15" LCD touchscreen
                        Mac Mini
                        6" Headrest monitors
                        Modded Xbox

5 PSone screens going in doors
                        And another 15" LCD!

Comment

Originally posted by Kryptonite
                          "Pirated" is such a harsh word.....

Here is what I am thinking:

Intel Mac Mini
                          Tiger
                          Front Row for a front end on the Mac side
                          bootcamp
                          XP Media Center Ed.
                          Frodoplayer or Centrafuge for a front end on the windows side

Any suggestions?
                          "Pirated" needn't be harsh for good people like yourself who own the software legally, since it doesn't refer to you. And it's shorter than "ripped off" or "illegally copied" -- but that's a matter of personal preference, I guess.

For suggestions regarding the setup, it seems fine for a home or RV media center (no mention of a screen). But with the exception of Frodoplayer or Centrafuge, not at all practical for use in a car.

Comment

my understanding from what I've read of WMC is that the first cd is the windows media center and the second one contains Windows XP, so you do need both cds..

Comment

From what I understand is since you cant eject cd during windows install on a mac you need it to be one cd not two which is why MCE was not supported by apple. But, if you read the link above you can condense it down to one disk, using legitimate methods, and make it work. Thus calling it piracy is outlandish to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                              X