Navigation updates anyone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation updates anyone

What is the latest scoop on Mac OS X solutions for turn by turn Navigation for OS X mac? Latest I have seen is google maps, is there anything better

Not that I'm aware of. You can get the new Intel Mac Mini and run a Windows solution on it, though.
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

RoadNav for Mac OS X

RoadNav site on SourceForge

There's a freeware Nav program that's up and running on the Mac, Linux and Windows. It uses the US Census Bureau TIGER database as its source of map data, which it turns into graphical representations. It has a 3D mode and turn-by-turn directions. No idea how good the directions are and the user interface could use some work. It has both user and developer documentation.

I don't know how well the TIGER database is kept current between censuses but apparently it's just been refreshed.

Thanks to MacMobile for finding the link, which is on his Web site.

Comment

Tom tom has released their new GO X10 series. If i am correct, there is some new software included for connection to your Mac. Its called "HOME". I have heard rumors that it is (or will be in the future) possible to use navigation on your computer screen. It is not yet released in Europe, but in the States it is available.

Comment

Garmin is releasing OS X support for their products

Garmin is releasing OS X support for their products

http://www.garmin.com/pressroom/corporate/011006.html

Comment

Hmm, a lot of news, mostly not that relevant, but the nRoute might be what we all need :-) I just hope it will not be limited to PowerBook/iBook (like R66 used to be - you could not do the full installation on the desktop computer).

Comment

Working...
            X