X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming Soon - "MacPac" Mac mini power cable for P1900

EDIT: Buy now at: http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...roducts_id=239

Guys, **updated info 5/15/06 **

FINALLY! Soon we will be formally announcing the "MacPac" power cable assembly, but I wanted to give you guys an early peek. To answer your four obvious questions: 1) about 4 weeks from now (end of May), 2) $24.95, 3) the MacPac is a cable "kit" that includes the power button Y-cable (so you don't need to buy both), and 4)works with P1900 and Mac mini (not yet Intel mini, although if you are good with a soldering iron, you can mod the P1900 to work with the MacIntel. The mod is posted below),

Sorry it took us so long (lot's of custom work and corporate OK's involved). And sorry to those of you who had to cut the cable (But look on the bright side... you've had the benefit of using your CarMini since you took the plunge!).

Anyway, hope this helps those of you who are nervous about the power wiring.

Enjoy!

MikeH
    CarNetix

Here is the mod for using the MacPac power cable with the MacIntel mini. Be careful with your soldering iron!
    http://www.carnetix.com/p1900/cables...Mod/index.html
    Attached Files
    MikeH

lookin good mike. I see it says your in marietta, I live in alpharetta. if I brought my mac poer cable to you could you help me solder it up to work with my p1900? I suck at soldering

Comment

that's awesome mike.

Comment

yah makes me wish I didnt buy the power adapter for 50 bux :'(

Comment

Where Where ?!

Awsome news!

Was just thinking about cuting my power cable today...

Where can I preorder ?

Comment

thanks

Comment

Great... What's next ;-)
              Help me keep my web site up to date.
              Mac-Mini in Passat

Comment

Great job, Mike. Sounds like it was a bear to line up all of the suppliers and get permission to sell this thing.
                Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                Want to:
                -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                  Guys,

FINALLY! Soon we will be formally announcing the "MacPac" power cable assembly, but I wanted to give you guys an early peek. To answer your three obvious questions: 1) about 4 weeks from now, 2) $24.95, 3)works with P1900 and Mac mini (not yet Intel mini, although if you are good with a soldering iron, you can mod the P1900 to work with the MacIntel. I'll post mod details soon).

Sorry it took us so long (lot's of custom work and corporate OK's involved). And sorry to those of you who had to cut the cable (But look on the bright side... you've had the benefit of using your CarMini since you took the plunge!).

Enjoy!

MikeH
                  CarNetix
                  This is awesome news! Pretty please write-up the DIY for the part in BOLD though. I've just attained an awesome Mac Mini Intel (from a very generous good friend) and have the mod-bug by my side again!

[email protected]

Comment

what makes the macintel power dif from the other mac minis?

Comment

what makes the macintel power dif from the other mac minis?
                      Different iSense value.
                      Pretty please write-up the DIY for the part in BOLD though.
                      We've posted some pics of the mod HERE

Sounds like it was a bear to line up all of the suppliers and get permission to sell this thing.
                      Understatement of 2006...
                      Great... What's next ;-)
                      What would you like?
                      Where can I preorder ?
                      Send an email to MP3Car.com.
                      MikeH

Comment

You guys want to buy a mac mini intel power supply Heck Ill even trade my mini power supply for one of these cables.

Comment

Great to see the cable available, it was the one thing putting us off getting the P1900 for our demo intel Mac Mini as we tend to move the mini in and out of the vehicle all the time for transferring large files and even as a mac dealer a new power supply is still expensive! We will be putting a power supply and cable on order asap when available.

Comment

Hi

When can i buy this "MacPac" from mp3car store (or in another store ?!)?!

I'm sorry for my bad english...i'm italian

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                              Guys, **updated info 5/15/06 **

FINALLY! Soon we will be formally announcing the "MacPac" power cable assembly, but I wanted to give you guys an early peek. To answer your four obvious questions: 1) about 4 weeks from now (end of May), 2) $24.95, 3) the MacPac is a cable "kit" that includes the power button Y-cable (so you don't need to buy both), and 4)works with P1900 and Mac mini (not yet Intel mini, although if you are good with a soldering iron, you can mod the P1900 to work with the MacIntel. The mod is posted below),

Enjoy!

MikeH
                              CarNetix

Here is the mod for using the MacPac power cable with the MacIntel mini. Be careful with your soldering iron!
                              http://www.carnetix.com/p1900/cables...Mod/index.html
                              Wholly moley that is some small soldering. Is there any reason why we couldnt solder directly to the pins that lead to the circuit board from the back of the connector?? Also what wattage pen and solder do you recommend for something that tiny?

PS: Any GA locals who can solder that small? I through a few bux your way if you can help a the car pc meet this Saturday

Comment

Working...
                              X