New Mac GPS Software - RouteBuddy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mac GPS Software - RouteBuddy

There's a new Mac based GPS solution coming soon - RouteBuddy...
    http://www.macvroom.com/node/95

I hope to have more info on it soon.
    MacVroom® - Mac your ride™
    http://www.macvroom.com

i will be interested when more comes out. I had planned for a mac mini install (PPC) but with no logical gps solution i went with pc. Now with the ability to have an intel mac running xp i wish i hadnt - would be willing to possibly switch if this is a good piece. i will be waiting........

Comment

I wish someone would develop a nice, scriptable, touch screen friendly Mac GPS software. Yep
      -

Comment

Wow, when this comes out (if it's any good), out goes the PC and in goes a used iBook G4 1.33GHz...

Peace,

Rafster
        Post # 3000

Comment

Verrrry interesting. I hope it doesn't suck. The article says that the app will launch next week. I guess we'll see then!
          Originally posted by ghettocruzer
          I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
          Want to:
          -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
          -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

i wana play wif it.
            Cant code cause I dont know how, but give me the paint bucket and my eraser and have at you!

Comment

Their website says "Got a Mac'd ride? - RouteBuddy supports live tracking"

As well as "Easy to use interface"

I'm hoping this means they'll be good enough to include an interface designed for touchscreens. This could well be the answer to my prayers! lol

Comment

http://www.macvroom.com/taxonomy/term/22

Mac'D Ridez

Forum Topic on that site about it...

http://forums.macvroom.com/showthread.php?t=129
                Post # 3000

Comment

well it can be downloaded. anyone been able to give it a shot?

Comment

So it seems it's not available for intel yet, correct?

Comment

thats what it says. will be updated soon.
                      If my laptop will let me I will download it at lunch. I will keep yall posted. I am curious if i can use my TOM TOM as my gps device. *it hasnt been working great lately and I'm getting frustrated with it*
                      Cant code cause I dont know how, but give me the paint bucket and my eraser and have at you!

Comment

it sounds great but have yall seen the price!!!! holy crap 150 before hardware just for the software and a set of maps!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CArringt
                          it sounds great but have yall seen the price!!!! holy crap 150 before hardware just for the software and a set of maps!!!
                          You gotta Pay to Play!

I'm sure that probably as more GPS software hit's the floor for Mac, the price will drop...

Peace,

Rafster
                          Post # 3000

Comment

When my macbook arrives, I'll buy this for sure. It looks nice and you can download everything and there are maps for more then just u.s.a. and europe. So if you need a map next day.

Oh and there should be the intel binaries

Comment

So this would work on something like an iBook G4 with 1GHz-1.33GHz 512MB Ram?

Thanks,

Rafster
                              Post # 3000

Comment

Working...
                              X