help me out please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help me out please

I got a clamshell that I am useing for a computer right now I have a tft monitor in my car I was thinking of useing a remote untill I get a touch screen. I got AMP but I can't use the arrow key so I have to click on a button now is there a way I could use the arrows to navigate or is there another frontend better for that I have media central or something like it but I don't like it I was likeing the amp because it had better menus and visual displays.

I am also trying to figure out how to get programs to start up when I turn the computer on pluse will a start up controler work with my clamshell?

another question I have is when I close my clamshell the TFT monitor I am useing in the dash loses signal but when I open it back up it turns back on how do I get it to stop doing that. so I can hide the computer and get a remote?

Originally posted by spider006RR
    I got a clamshell that I am useing for a computer right now I have a tft monitor in my car I was thinking of useing a remote untill I get a touch screen. I got AMP but I can't use the arrow key so I have to click on a button now is there a way I could use the arrows to navigate or is there another frontend better for that I have media central or something like it but I don't like it I was likeing the amp because it had better menus and visual displays.
    No idea for sure, but you might try using TAB though it might take some trial and error (if it works at all) as there is no highlight for the current item.

I am also trying to figure out how to get programs to start up when I turn the computer on pluse will a start up controler work with my clamshell?
    Ok. What?

It sounds like you are asking:
    1) How to start programs when you boot the computer?
    A) Login Options (Sys Prefs) will allow you to set what is started when a user logs in. You can also use startup items that get started before the login processing happens. That is typically reserved for server and background type applications though.

2) Can I start/wake it with a signal (similar to the P1900)?
    No idea.

another question I have is when I close my clamshell the TFT monitor I am useing in the dash loses signal but when I open it back up it turns back on how do I get it to stop doing that. so I can hide the computer and get a remote?
    Again, not really sure what you are asking, but i'll take a guess.

I think you are asking if you can close the laptop without it going to sleep so that you can use the LCD for the display and a remote to control it.

That depends on the laptop and I have no idea about the clam shells. I know more recent consumer grade laptops from Apple (i.e. the iBook, no idea about the MacBook) did not support that ability. It was one of the items that set it aside from the PBs. Even with the PBs you had to meet certian criteria (i.e. external monitor, mouse, and keyboard).

-dave
    My pathetic worklog.
    CarFrontEnd (now it's own sub-forum!!!!)

Comment

ok the tab didn't work but that is ok is there any frontend that are good because I can't seem to find any. I am useing AMP right now.

I was asking about the usb start up controller. I don't know if you know what I am talking about. but it said it would only work with 2000 or later model's. I don't know what kind of computer I have when it was made

Comment

Working...
      X