Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mac OS X messing with my Lilliput?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mac OS X messing with my Lilliput?

    Hi,

    I'm installing a mac mini + lilliput 629GL + P1900 in my car. But, for some strange reason, when I change the power source of my lilliput - from the wall adapter to the P1900 - my mac mini mess with the display configuration.

    The OS X cannot detect my display until I change back the power to the wall adapter! I used VNC to see what's happening and OS X can't detect the model / vendor ID of my display when powered by P1900.

    There's some way to avoid OS X to wrong auto-detect my lilliput after I change the power source?

    Please.... help me!

  • #2
    Originally posted by brenob View Post
    The OS X cannot detect my display until I change back the power to the wall adapter! I used VNC to see what's happening and OS X can't detect the model / vendor ID of my display when powered by P1900.
    Are you sure that your LCD is getting power in the car? Can you use any of it's on-screen menus? Is the LCD possibly coming up in the wrong mode (i.e. Analog vs VGA)?

    My Lilli is a 619 and I never had issues with it between the house and car (well, at least until I went and took it apart ).

    -dave
    My pathetic worklog.
    CarFrontEnd (now it's own sub-forum!!!!)

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by iamgnat View Post
      Are you sure that your LCD is getting power in the car?
      Yes. I'm sure. And, believe me, when I boot up getting power from my car, I can see the boot screen and everything goes ok until the OS X display my desktop.

      Originally posted by iamgnat View Post
      Can you use any of it's on-screen menus?
      Yes... I can see all on-screen menus.

      Originally posted by iamgnat View Post
      Is the LCD possibly coming up in the wrong mode (i.e. Analog vs VGA)?
      No. It's in VGA mode as the same way when connected with wall adapter inside my house.

      Originally posted by iamgnat View Post
      My Lilli is a 619 and I never had issues with it between the house and car (well, at least until I went and took it apart ).
      I starting to think about the way I plugged my Lilliput wires in P1900. Where can I get a wiring diagram for it?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by brenob View Post
        Yes. I'm sure. And, believe me, when I boot up getting power from my car, I can see the boot screen and everything goes ok until the OS X display my desktop.
        Hmmm.. This doesn't add up. If you are seeing the boot screen that means that the screen and Mac are working correctly. If it is disappearing when it starts to display your desktop (i.e. login time), then your resolution and/or refresh rate are set to a value that the LCD doesn't support.

        But you say that it does work (same Mac logging in as the same user?) in the house on the AC power adapter...

        In the house (using AC for the screen), set the display to something like 640x480 @70H. Then try it in the car and see what happens. If you can go to a very common/basic resolution and it works fine, then it is a case of resolution/refresh rate. Why it would be different in the car vs in the house is beyond me though.

        You might also poke around the LCD forum, you might find some info there.

        -dave
        My pathetic worklog.
        CarFrontEnd (now it's own sub-forum!!!!)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by iamgnat View Post
          Hmmm.. This doesn't add up. If you are seeing the boot screen that means that the screen and Mac are working correctly. If it is disappearing when it starts to display your desktop (i.e. login time), then your resolution and/or refresh rate are set to a value that the LCD doesn't support.

          But you say that it does work (same Mac logging in as the same user?) in the house on the AC power adapter...

          In the house (using AC for the screen), set the display to something like 640x480 @70H. Then try it in the car and see what happens. If you can go to a very common/basic resolution and it works fine, then it is a case of resolution/refresh rate. Why it would be different in the car vs in the house is beyond me though.

          You might also poke around the LCD forum, you might find some info there.

          -dave
          I really did some "wiring mistakes"! Now it's fully functional. Thanks!

          Comment


          • #6
            ohh please explain i wana know what you could have possibly done to get that outcome.
            Cant code cause I dont know how, but give me the paint bucket and my eraser and have at you!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by pepsibobby View Post
              ohh please explain i wana know what you could have possibly done to get that outcome.
              I just plugged the secondary output ground to the iSense signal, not to the iSense ground. Thanks God I did not plug the iSense wire to my mac mini.

              Lesson to learn: always double check your connections!

              Comment

              Working...
              X