Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MiniMac power supply?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MiniMac power supply?

    wow you guys are amazing!!!!!

    i just found this site today and i am leaving for a 1000mile trip on wed.

    i have a minimac, i know using a inverter is not recominded but i dont have the time to order a Carnetix power suppply.

    my question is using a inverter for a month gona kill my MiniMac?

    another post i saw was using a laptop 18v car adaptor and splicing into the mac. is this a better idea then an inverter?



    thanks in advance!!!

  • #2
    NO. Use the inverter for now. Get a Carnetix later. It won't kill your Mini.

    What are you using for a display?
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

    Comment


    • #3
      Bugbyte,

      thanks!!

      i have a samsung 710MP , its a LCD tv and monitor with VGA, S-vid and RGB.
      I have riged it to my center console in my truck so i can flip it up so the kids in back can see and when i flip it down i can see it.

      the monitor will have its own modified sine inverter and so will the mini mac. or i might get a 500 watt true/pure sine inverter but those inverters are hard to find...

      thanks again

      HOLY MOLY your bug is cool!!!!!!
      google is a bad thing ..all this surfin and ideas. no wonder my wife calls google my mistress

      Comment


      • #4
        get a vga monitor you will be much happier.
        Cant code cause I dont know how, but give me the paint bucket and my eraser and have at you!

        Comment


        • #5
          im in edmonton, canada. i cant find a vga monitor in time. xenarc will take 1-2 weeks. and also i have to save a alittle but once i get back ill do more projects.

          Comment


          • #6
            ohh gotcha.
            Cant code cause I dont know how, but give me the paint bucket and my eraser and have at you!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mybimota View Post
              wow you guys are amazing!!!!!

              i just found this site today and i am leaving for a 1000mile trip on wed.

              Welcome to the addiction that is even more expensive than crack.

              Enjoy!

              Comment


              • #8
                i can get the new mac mini 1.66ghz dual core w/512mb ram and 60gb hd, very cheap. What power supply can i use for this? I have seen the inside of the case and it doesnt appear to have a standard atx connector, infact it doesnt appear to have any internal power connector. Any ideas?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Cartetix P1900.

                  This has been covered numerous times on this forum. You should search for answers before posting questions. The odds are very good that your question has been answered many times over.
                  Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                  How about the Wiki?



                  Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by D4niel View Post
                    i can get the new mac mini 1.66ghz dual core w/512mb ram and 60gb hd, very cheap. What power supply can i use for this? I have seen the inside of the case and it doesnt appear to have a standard atx connector, infact it doesnt appear to have any internal power connector. Any ideas?
                    also carnetix 1900 comes with the MacPac, which is essentially the cable that goes from power supply to your mac, so you don't have to do ANY modifications, all you do is hook up the y-cable to the powers switch inside the case and that's it. Just remember 1900s will not be in stop till 11/15, per carnetix's forum, so be patient . I'm still waiting to buy mine.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
                      Cartetix P1900.

                      This has been covered numerous times on this forum. You should search for answers before posting questions. The odds are very good that your question has been answered many times over.
                      Thats what i done and it lead me to this thread, hence the post reply. Thanks for your help again; i have another option for my carpc.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X