Mustang Mac Mini/PC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustang Mac Mini/PC

Sorry no I have not done it yet, but I am wondering if the other mustang owner's could show me pictures of their Mustang with a Mini inside. +

I am just trying to figure out:
    where I could put mine.
    how can I get good sound using the Mach 460 Sound system

What I want:
    I want to take out the 460 Sound System head unit while keeping the 4 woofers and 4 tweaters (or what ever it is) along with the two amps in the trunk. I'd like the mini to be where the head unit was and the monitor to come out where my air/defrost/heat controls are. Or vice versa.

Please let me know if you all have any advice.

Pac-Audio may very well have an adapter you could use:
    http://pac-audio.com/products/produc...iliary%20Input
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by poppe View Post
      Sorry no I have not done it yet, but I am wondering if the other mustang owner's could show me pictures of their Mustang with a Mini inside.
      Check out the Worklog and Show off forums.

how can I get good sound using the Mach 460 Sound system
      The Audio forum is probably a better place to ask, but be prepared for a bunch "you can't, upgrade" type answers

I want to take out the 460 Sound System head unit while keeping the 4 woofers and 4 tweaters (or what ever it is) along with the two amps in the trunk.
      At a minimum you'll need an AMP to drive the woofers and tweeters.
      After market AMPs are nice in that they give you RCA jacks for Line-In that the Mini can just plug right into. You'll have to probably poke around a Ford/Mustang forum to find out how to give the factory AMPs a Line-In feed if someone like PIE or PAC don't have an adapter for you.

Hope that helps.
      -dave
      My pathetic worklog.
      CarFrontEnd (now it's own sub-forum!!!!)

Comment

I'd get rid of all the Mach 460 stuff, except maybe the disc player. I just ripped out all three amps and bought one four-channel Pioneer amp with 60W per channel for about $120. I already have a Pioneer head unit from the early '90s that has (gasp) an auxiliary input. I'm going to put RCA outputs on the Mach 460 CD player and run 'em into a switch that'll let me choose the disc player or an iPod going into the head unit.

The biggest pain in the *** about the Mach 460 is the fact that all the woofers are wired in MONO, meaning that you can't even re-use the existing wiring (unless you want mono from all the big speakers, which sucks). I replaced the front woofers with full-range Infinitys, so I'm not using a crossover. I'm just sending the full-range signal to all the speakers.

I have a convertible, which means the only place to put an amp is in the trunk. But if you take the time to remove the back seat and the various plastic interior pieces (it's not that big a deal), you can do it right. Do a search on "painting your Mustang interior"; there's a decent write-up on Stangnet or somewhere about removing stuff.

Most people probably leave the front amp in (it's under the CD player) because you have to remove the bezel that surrounds the stereo/climate-control area to get it out. But I think it's worth doing so to free up the space. I'm going to put some DC power adapters in there so I can run 12-, 9-, or 6-volt devices conveniently. You could also fit a computer in there.

Comment

Working...
        X