Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• powering a 15v display

hi,

am just drawing every thing together for my instal, and am putting a tiny projector that i have in the back of my vw camper. The projector draws 15v annoyingly. I have ordered a carnetix P1900 to power the mac and the lilli screen, am I right in thinking that this won't be able to power the projector also?

I have an invertor but wasn't planning on using it in the system because of the interference issues....

would buying another carnetix be a (not very cheap) solution? any other ideas? It can be powered by the batteries that come with it, but they only last about 2 hours max...

Does this projector get used when the van is on or off? If off, stick with the batteries. If on, what is it about the P1900 that makes you think it won't work -aside from the voltage being too high :-)
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

mainly used when off, most often while camping while rain is teeming down as we get in this country! i have a leisure (2nd) battery on a split charge system so there are no worries about draining my starter battery...

yeah, voltage of the P1900 being too high wouldn't be great - anyone know of a 15v regulator?

probs just run it off batteries and charge with invertor (while projector is discontected, should stop interference)

Comment

I think sticking with the battery is the best bet. If you mainly use it when off, adding the draw of the projector to your leisure battery plus the computer will only make it go dead faster.

The simplest solution is to use the batteries in the projector and recharge when the engine is running.
        Originally posted by ghettocruzer
        I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
        Want to:
        -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
        -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

have you looked for in car laptop power supplies, just the cig lighter adaptor type ones, some of them are 15v. i think all toshiba ones are 15v. have a look on ebay

edit: not sure on the current side of things though, how many amps does the projector need?

Comment

I think it pulls 2amps - thats from memory though, ain't in front of me...laptop power may be a way to go though!

Will run it with batteries for the mean time....

Comment

Working...
            X