What Is Amp?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is Amp?

there is nothing on this site saying what is amp... what is it?

Originally posted by DRoQ View Post
    there is nothing on this site saying what is amp... what is it?
    Considering that the description for the Amp forum section says "the Mac front end", I'm going to guess that it's a front end for the Mac. Mind you, that's just a guess.
    "It's a blessing . . . and a curse."

Comment

Well there are two AMP's.

There's an AMP as in "The unit of measurement of electric current. It is proportional to the quantity of electrons flowing through a conductor past a given point in one second. It is analogous to cubic feet of water flowing per second." ?

And then there's an AMP as in an amplifier a "black box" full of electronics used to boost the strength of an electronic signal? Normally on this site it's referring to a device used to boost the electrical output from a head unit (radio, CD player ect) to a level that you can use to drive some speakers.
      Carputer Haiku (thanks Ian Hughes)
      Serious error.
      All shortcuts have disappeared.
      Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

Comment

Damn, my post was out of date BEFORE it was posted!

Okay so there's 3 AMP's.

Have a look in the wiki section for a much better explanation than mine.
        http://www.mp3car.com/wiki/index.php/Amplifier
        Serious error.

Comment

AMP is a mac oriented front end. it is the best that we got. It is very user friendly, plays videso and music, has an integrated browers, and others. It does not have GPS *turn by turn directions*
          Cant code cause I dont know how, but give me the paint bucket and my eraser and have at you!

Comment

See kids that why you should always check where a thread was posted. That way you don't confuse the newbies with a whole lot of irrelevant crap!
            Serious error.

Comment

Apm

Ok i have spent the last 2 hrs trying to find amp to install it to my carputer. But i can only find like the source files and stuff. I hope he has a installer for it cause i have no idea how to work source files. Any help?

Comment

Could someone link the download to this app for me. Not the source code I don't know how to use that. thanks

Comment

Here is a link over to a thread with the AMP 1 download location - you have to be VERY patient to download it though - and it's AMP 1 not 1.4... but it's a start - I spent days trying to find an AMP 1.4 download site - if anyone can post up an installer for 1.4 that would be great
                  Tony
                  LandRover 110 with G4 Powerbook now about to run AMP!

Comment

oops - forgot to attach link! D'oh!
                    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/amp/...-download.html

Comment

AMP is a group of music podcasters who wish to promote and support this great medium.It's a high standard quality.

Comment

prijikn is a spammer

Comment

Working...
                        X