Need Help w/ AMP sound & imagedisplay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help w/ AMP sound & imagedisplay

Well thanks to many of you my setup is coming along very nicely untill tonight. I purchased the image display software did as people have said by dragging to apps window but when i open displayconf. i cant even set anything its all greyed out. Amp is also installed now but don't get any sound out of my music when i play it through Amp. I've searched the forums but have found no answers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.....thanks

I can't help you with DisplayConfigX as I don't use it, but for the sound issue you need to provide us a lot more information before we can help.

How is the audio system and Mini all wired up?
    Do you get sound if nothing is connected to the audio port on the Mini?
    With headphones?
    If you connect an iPod/some other audio device up instead of the Mini, does it work?
    What about playing from iTunes or system sounds?
    Not to be too obvious, but you don't have it muted do you?

-dave
    My pathetic worklog.
    CarFrontEnd (now it's own sub-forum!!!!)

Comment

I just have the screen setup to the mini and am just configuring everythig as we speak. Right now the sound just comes from the mini. No speakers hooked up yet. Itunes plays fine but not in AMP.Haven't triedv to connect any audio to it yet just figured i'd play with the initial setup till i got everything working. I've imported the music to AMP and everthig but no sound.....Need Some help thanks....

Comment

That's a new one by me.

I know it sounds stupid, but have checked/changed the volume from within AMP? I know early on Bobby had AMP remember the last volume that you set through it and it would always reset the volume to that level when ever AMP was restarted. I gave him a patch so that it didn't do that anymore (just used the system volume), but I have no idea if he ever applied it into the main code line.

A moderator should probably move this over to the AMP section since it is more appropriate there and you are more likely to find more support there.

-dave
        My pathetic worklog.
        CarFrontEnd (now it's own sub-forum!!!!)

Comment

I've tried the volume on AMp and as far as moving the link your prob. right as far as the help i'd get but i dont wanna cross post as i've been frowned upon already. If i don't get any help i might just skip amp and use the front row w/ remote until i can afford parralels and windows software to run streetdeck since thats prob the best way to go..... but also another 300.00 which kinda sucks. I just wanna use basic things.....Thanks agian but anyone out there with some solutions......

Comment

Soory I don;'t have a solution as I posted this problem in the AMP forums. No one replied with an answer. I'm on the same boat and just use front row till you can get parallels. I just bought mine and it just got updated so you can use 3d instead of just 2d in parallels which is what alot of people were waiting for.

Good luck on getting everything to work. I'm loading drivers as we speak...

Comment

Thread moved. Weird problem. Sorry, but I don't know of a solution for you. Maybe remove Amp's plist and retry installing it?
              Originally posted by ghettocruzer
              I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
              Want to:
              -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
              -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Working...
              X