Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMP Wishlist Thread

Hey guys

As suggested by dave, lets move the wishlist, requested features, crazy ideas, etc to this thread

So I guess post whatever you think should or could be done to AMP, and we developers can chime in, etc, and hopefully get some good ideas rolling around. Don't be afraid to post any idea you have (and don't be offended if it's never implemented -- lol).

So... I'll get the ball rolling.

My "idea" right now is a "DVD poster" view for browsing through the movies. Similar to the Album view, but for movies. So you'll see like a poster of the art of the movie, and it's title underneath, instead of just a list of movies and you double click.. I suppose it could be optional for which "view" you get.

I'm actually just toying around with this right now, and have a small bug.. but it's "on the burner."
    -

Oh.. And if you are asking about the implementation of some specific technology, please also post all relevant links, etc, so that we don't have to go out researching it ourselves.. You know what I mean ;-)
    -

Comment

How is XM coming along for AMP? How about War-driving for AMP and also GPS, maybe using this to help implement it:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=71801

Comment

Regarding the autoupdater you are working on for music/movies/photos.

1) The ability to update AMP itself and then restart.

2) Adding the ability somewhere to Eject disks. Dragging disks to the Trash on the touch screen is a PITA, and i'm a bit nicer to my disks than Jirka

-dave
        My pathetic worklog.
        CarFrontEnd (now it's own sub-forum!!!!)

Comment

woohoo great thread idea

Originally posted by LightningMac
          How is XM coming along for AMP? How about War-driving for AMP and also GPS, maybe using this to help implement it:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=71801
          I really would like to see some kind of wardriving, google earth and/or roadnav integration. What would be nice is if you could have google earth imbedded within AMP. That would probably be really hard... but it would be oh so awesome (and you would have HUGE bragging rights )
          MacCar progress:
          Planning:-----> [||||||||||||||||||||] 70%
          Parts:---------> [||||||||||||||||||||] 0%
          Construction:-> [||||||||||||||||||||] 0%

Car broken into... progress is basically zip...

Comment

I agree Google Earth Rocks, would love to see it as an option, or a way for amp to send the information on where you are into Google Earth...

Comment

Applescript Support!

It would be great to at the very least pause/unpause by applescript. So those of us using BluePhoneElite can use it's feature to run an applescript on accepting a call to pause AMP.

Thanks for the hard work you're putting in!

Comment

Sirius support!!

Hi,
                I'd love sirius support. It works on a mac through vpc/roadrunner. I heard it's fairly easy to port it using java. To bad I have no clue how
                The guys website is rush2112.net. He's very helpful and answers all questions.

Comment

re: Google Earth, isn't a big problem that none of the pictures would be cached? So would have you have to have internet access in the car?

(I just played with GE for the first time the other day.. Freaking amazing :-)

(Not G.E., but G.Maps .. Where I live:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...00254,0.004689
                  -

Comment

Originally posted by aychamo
                    re: Google Earth, isn't a big problem that none of the pictures would be cached? So would have you have to have internet access in the car?

(I just played with GE for the first time the other day.. Freaking amazing :-)
                    yeah thats the one problem with G.E., the cashing. You can have GE max out the cache size so that whereever tou go it will store on the disk but that a poor excuse really... maybe i can find a bittorrent that has the whole continental US cached or something lol (would not work for you though :/ )

Holy cow you weren't kiddin about livin on an island lol
                    MacCar progress:

Comment

GPS nav would be excellent!

Originally posted by Sharkbite86
                      You can have GE max out the cash size so that whereever tou go it will store on the disk but that a poor excuse really
                      I've been doing that, but it is a PITA to do routing and then let GE fly it out, overnight for long trips, before being able to take the laptop to the car.

Originally posted by aychamo
                      I just installed a KR-1 Mobile Router in my wife's company car so she can use Google Earth to try to find insured's houses while on the road (it's not as fast as broadband, but so far it works suprisingly well in the middle of nowhere NE/IA/MO). Of course the company pays for the wireless card, so that helps!

On a side note, a guy by the handle of tz over at http://www.evdoforums.com/ (currently down for mnx, when it's up check out the KR-1 forum) rewrote the router firmware so we could hook up a Garmin GPS to the KR-1 and Google Earth connects to a kmz file on the router to show her where she is and enable point to point routing on the go.
                      The Mercenary Missileer's 2000 Toyota 4Runner Highlander Edition

Comment

Originally posted by hammer32
                        I just installed a KR-1 Mobile Router in my wife's company car so she can use Google Earth to try to find insured's houses while on the road (it's not as fast as broadband, but so far it works suprisingly well in the middle of nowhere NE/IA/MO). Of course the company pays for the wireless card, so that helps!
                        wow that is an expensive setup i must say. EV-DO is very a expensive service and IMO not worth the cost if you were only going to use it in a car. I would much rather have some kind of data plan on a cell phone and have the comp connect to the cell to the internet... It would not work out too well for GE though because of the high data requirements.

So I guess im stumped. Unless someone knows where I can get a fully cached map of the US (or wherever) for GE were basically screwed lol .

EDIT: There is also the issue with updates that google might give...if we hang on to a cashed version for too long it will become outdated... and thats never a good thing
                        MacCar progress:

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkbite86
                          ...I would much rather have some kind of data plan on a cell phone and have the comp connect to the cell to the internet... It would not work out too well for GE though because of the high data requirements.
                          The router also accepts a USB connection to a cell phone for 1x and EVDO connections. It is a bit expensive, but so is buying a Mac just for my car
                          The Mercenary Missileer's 2000 Toyota 4Runner Highlander Edition

Comment

The Cash thing doesn't sound too bad, you use the airport extreme in your car to sync to your wireless connection to sync to your home while your in the garage, map the area and then go. I mean for long road trips yeah you'd have to park it for a while, but it would still work.

Comment

Originally posted by hammer32
                              The router also accepts a USB connection to a cell phone for 1x and EVDO connections. It is a bit expensive, but so is buying a Mac just for my car
                              or you could just use a bluetooth phone

EDIT: and I cant find anything on torrents for google cache... so I don't know what to do.. I guess I will just have to map out my whole area where I live, and for long trips just map it out before hand like lightning said...
                              MacCar progress:

Comment

Working...
                              X