Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iPad in Silverado Part II - Auto On/ Off with Display Out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • iPad in Silverado Part II - Auto On/ Off with Display Out

    I have finally finished this project. I have been looking for auto on/off and video out to work with my install. After talking to the developer for PluggedIn, he was able to add some options to his app to make it work in the car. He will be adding the option to resume shortly. Currently, you can tell it which application you want it to start up on. This comes in handy when using a Front End as krillin47 is currently working on one. But the developer will add the option to just unlock it when you plug it in so that it will resume on other apps. In my case, I use Pandora a lot and it would unlock to that app. Another tweak is DisplayOut which works great since the framerate is not affected and it doesn't lag at all. These tweaks are must-have for anyone with an iPad in the car and I figured you guys would be interested in checking these out as I have seen many iPad installs in these forums.

    Here's the link to the YouTube video:


    UPDATE:
    Here's one that I just finished on my brother's Toyota Prius:
    Last edited by torres1708; 04-20-2011, 10:30 AM.
    Motorized iPad 2 installed in Silverado

  • #2
    Thanks for the info! I'll check it out.

    Comment


    • #3
      That is really nice! Thanks for the pointer to it.

      Your install is also really nice with the dual headrests tied into the iPad. Looks sweet.

      Do you have your iPad running the auto screen dimmer? I've found that to be very useful.
      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
      Want to:
      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Bugbyte View Post
        That is really nice! Thanks for the pointer to it.

        Your install is also really nice with the dual headrests tied into the iPad. Looks sweet.

        Do you have your iPad running the auto screen dimmer? I've found that to be very useful.
        I do have ScreenDimmer, but noticed that on the new iOS 4.2.1 the iPad still dims on the iPod an Safari apps... It's a little annoying.
        Motorized iPad 2 installed in Silverado

        Comment


        • #5
          What did you use to JB the 4.2.1 on the Ipad?

          Comment


          • #6
            I used RedSnow which is a tethered jailbreak. The untethered jb should be out this week.
            Motorized iPad 2 installed in Silverado

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by torres1708 View Post
              I have finally finished this project. I have been looking for auto on/off and video out to work with my install. After talking to the developer for PluggedIn, he was able to add some options to his app to make it work in the car. He will be adding the option to resume shortly. Currently, you can tell it which application you want it to start up on. This comes in handy when using a Front End as krillin47 is currently working on one. But the developer will add the option to just unlock it when you plug it in so that it will resume on other apps. In my case, I use Pandora a lot and it would unlock to that app. Another tweak is DisplayOut which works great since the framerate is not affected and it doesn't lag at all. These tweaks are must-have for anyone with an iPad in the car and I figured you guys would be interested in checking these out as I have seen many iPad installs in these forums.

              Here's the link to the YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0w5mPPZUGM
              Very cool. Can't wait to try it.

              Originally posted by torres1708 View Post
              I used RedSnow which is a tethered jailbreak. The untethered jb should be out this week.
              It's out already, but it's beta. No bluetooth and well, it's beta.
              Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
              Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

              07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by torres1708 View Post
                I used RedSnow which is a tethered jailbreak. The untethered jb should be out this week.
                Cool thanks. I'll keep checking for this.I'm still on the original software Jailbroken and want to play with the Airplay function.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Here's one that I just finished on my brother's Toyota Prius: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cRM2...e_gdata_player
                  Motorized iPad 2 installed in Silverado

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    nice...
                    any pictures or instructions on Prius?
                    thanks

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      At the end of the video I put some progress pics. You can see how I made it with plexiglass.
                      Motorized iPad 2 installed in Silverado

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X