Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPad & Radio

Hi guys and gals,
    Anybody know of a radio solution for the iPad?
    DAB or even plain FM

I only have 1 requirement that the audio output is processed by the iPad, as I use Bluetooth to connect to my car radio.

I've looked at Lingo iMini but the audio output is via their built-in headphone port.

Please help.
    (p.s. iPad is jailbroken)

Isn't there a ton of radio apps? Tune-in radio is one that I have used. When you establish a connection between your headunit and iPad there will be a new icon pop up in the app. Clicking it will divert the audio via A2DP.

Comment

Originally posted by customGadz View Post
      Isn't there a ton of radio apps? Tune-in radio is one that I have used. When you establish a connection between your headunit and iPad there will be a new icon pop up in the app. Clicking it will divert the audio via A2DP.
      Sorry should have stated another condition that I want to use the radio offline, as the 3G in my area is patchy to say the least.
      Most if not all apps on the app store require Internet.
      The closest I could find was the Lingo iMini with the DAB go app.

Comment

What about those headphone output-to-A2DP converters like the have for iPod?

Comment

Originally posted by customGadz View Post
          What about those headphone output-to-A2DP converters like the have for iPod?
          Thats a good idea, now to find out if the iMini headphone port can out put other audio ie my satnav.

Shame it's adding more things.

Comment

Check out Tune-In Pro you can record the radio when you have 3G or wifi and play it back when you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by wkndpaintballer View Post
              Check out Tune-In Pro you can record the radio when you have 3G or wifi and play it back when you don't.
              Ok I've had a play with Tune-in Pro and over all I like what it offers.
              However the biggest drawback for me is the fantastic patchy 3G network in my area.
              The record function is not really an option as I'll be recording what I'm listening to then replaying it if I lose signal.

I have thought of another option (temporary) my mobile has an fm radio and I could use that via the same io play I use for the iPad, as it's already connected for handsfree.

Comment

Working...
              X