iPad Mini - CarPC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPad Mini - CarPC

Only hours after going on sale.... someone has done it!

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/11/02/...car-dashboard/

Very cool. Buttons are still too small after you open an app, and the mini has no GPS. I'd use Android 7 or 7.7 with a reliable GPS.
    Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
    Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

The 4g model has gps. $130 more tho

Originally posted by RipplingHurst View Post
      Very cool. Buttons are still too small after you open an app, and the mini has no GPS. I'd use Android 7 or 7.7 with a reliable GPS.

Comment

still a dumb idea, they arent anywhere near an actual PC feature wise

Comment

Please elaborate

Originally posted by bmw_car_pc View Post
          still a dumb idea, they arent anywhere near an actual PC feature wise

Comment

Originally posted by optikalefx View Post
            Please elaborate
            An analogy: It's the difference between cooking the meal myself, and ordering from a buffet. No matter how great the selection, it's still cooked the way they like it, not the way I like it.

I think a Windows 8 PC provides the better compromise: I have Metro apps for Netflix, TuneIn, ESPN, etc etc with more coming all the time. With a click of the button, I'm in Centrafuse (or RR or Driveline if you prefer) and I have the full carPC experience. I was hesitant about that concept of operation before, but like PhilG and others, I find myself using it more and more often. And I think this is WHY Win8 is built the way it is: for those that want something a little more than what iOS or Android has to offer at this point.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Vagasguy,

I agree, plus when I do get my "Surface Pro" I can go from vehicle to vehicle and instead of rebuilds, updates etc. with four rides. I only have to do this once. And bring it in my home to do this and not worry about scumbag thieves.

I think I may be selling all
              my 4 carpc builds once I get my tablet/PC.

Comment

Working...
              X