Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICEł - Mac Front End

Hi guys,
    First of all I would like to thank all of you for providing such a vast wealth of knowledge to newbies like myself.
    About 18 months ago I decided that I would try to replace my headunit with a computer. After reading how easy it was to do this with a mac mini, I decided to buy one to play with. At the time this was a big risk as I had not touched a Mac for 15 years! After about a week of learning/playing with OSX, I realized that I had wasted too many years with pc's/windows. I quickly sold my PC and started my collection of Apples. After trying every front end solution that I could find, most of which I was very happy with, my brother and I decided to have a go at writing our own (mainly because we needed a good reason to learn Xcode). Anyway, after 3 months of coding this is what we have come up with: ICEł

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gLRtY12dR0

Notes:
    1. This was developed by two guys with zero Mac experience.
    2. This was developed by two guys with zero Cocoa/Xcode experience.
    3. This was developed by two guys with full-time jobs.
    4. This was inspired by YOU GUYS!!

Your feedback would be much appreciated as we are about to start work on version 2.0.

Thanks again.
    ICE Tunes: http://icetunes.co.nz/
    ICEł Resources: http://icecubed.comoj.com/

Awsome interface! i love how easy it is to navigate around, very similar to the iphone!
    I'm not a fan of the skin, but it isn't bad either.
    Definitely best mac fe i've seen so far.

Comment

wow! looks great guys, will be watching this with interest, probably the best integration of coverflow/iphone-esk track selection, love the ability to select the album from coverflow and then choose the tracks from the drop down screen.

now just to add gps/google maps/war driving/multiple display support and the ability to make cappuccinos and then we are onto a real winner

seriously, well done

Comment

Wow. that came out of left field... makes my efforts look like a puddle of puke
        Why did you wait till now to show your work and have/will you released it?

Wish I had some friends that knew how to code like this. Well done.
        check us out at: www.neonboombox.com

Comment

Good work. Looks like a great Front End thus far!
          Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
          1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
          30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
          15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
          Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Wow. Very cool. Impressive how far you've come in such a short time!

Do you plan on distributing it to others?
            Originally posted by ghettocruzer
            I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
            Want to:
            -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
            -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

WOW!! Beautiful! Is this a leopard only fe? or is it compatible with tiger. and if only for leopard, do u thinking upgrading to leopard on a max spec g4 would be sufficient?
              My worklog! - Budget Carpc with Removable Mimo 720-s Monitor

Comment

wow just wow.
                Cant code cause I dont know how, but give me the paint bucket and my eraser and have at you!

Comment

Download link please. I mean like right now. Looks awesome! Very well done.

Comment

that is nice. can't wait for an official release.

Comment

Thanks heaps everyone. Comments like those make this whole project so much more worthwhile.
                      I will try to answer as many questions as possible.

now just to add gps/google maps/war driving/multiple display support
                      GPS with google maps - will be released in version 3.
                      War Driving/multi display - not likely.

Wow. that came out of left field... makes my efforts look like a puddle of puke
                      Why did you wait till now to show your work and have/will you released it?
                      LOL. Since we are complete Mac newbies, I thought it would be better if we figure everything out ourselves rather than fill this forum with stupid questions.
                      We will not be releasing THIS version officially.

Do you plan on distributing it to others?
                      Eventually, probably version 2.

WOW!! Beautiful! Is this a leopard only fe? or is it compatible with tiger. and if only for leopard, do u thinking upgrading to leopard on a max spec g4 would be sufficient?
                      Thanks. Not sure about Tiger. The coverflow is a 'hack'. Fairly sure it only works with Leopard.
                      g4....Whats that?? Lol, sorry, I only know intel Macs. Coverflow is our biggest problem at the mo. Very resource hungry!

wow just wow.
                      THANKS!

Download link please. I mean like right now. Looks awesome! Very well done.
                      Lol. I'm starting to see a pattern here. I have just finished setting up a server at home (Mac Mini, Leopard Server), if I get enough requests I WILL make ICEł available for download (FREE to you guys of course).

Thanks again.
                      ICE Tunes: http://icetunes.co.nz/
                      ICEł Resources: http://icecubed.comoj.com/

Comment

ok then, +1 on the request then!!!!!

if i have to upgrade to leopard, so be it!
                        My worklog! - Budget Carpc with Removable Mimo 720-s Monitor

Comment

count me in on the request

looks great cant wait to see more
                          FocusPC Stat:
                          [~~~~~~~~~-] 95% Done
                          FreeICE | FreeWay | iGuidance | Paper and pencil

FocusPC
                          FreeWay Skins

Comment

Yeah, very nice. Looking forward to trying it out. Any chance of OBD II integration?
                            Any day is a good day for golf.

Mazdaspeed6 Carputer Progress: Gone
                            (Check Speedy's Install)

Speedy was traded for a 2004 350z - Install complete except for permanent screen installation.

Comment

please let me have it!!! great job..

Comment

Working...
                              X