Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP With Greyed Out Options & Features?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HELP With Greyed Out Options & Features?

    I noticed in the latest release of Ice3, There are several greyed out options. Can anyone touch on thes and solutions on geting them working?

    1) Keyboard

    2) Apple Remote

    3) wii Remote

    4) GPS

    5) XM Radio

    6) OBD


    Would love to get some of these working. Any ideas or news on when we can get them working????

    Thanx all

  • #2
    ^^Those features are currently not included in the apps. They should be available in next release I guess.....best thing is to ask the DEV team and wait lol
    VmtSquad - I sold my soul to Honda!
    Final Install
    CarPC progress: 95%

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by VmtSquad View Post
      ^^Those features are currently not included in the apps. They should be available in next release I guess.....best thing is to ask the DEV team and wait lol
      Thats funny you mention to write them. I have written numerous times Via their website in the past 90 days with NOT ONE SINGLE RESPONSE!!!

      Just would like a realistic answer!

      Comment


      • #4
        Anyone with a real answer?

        Comment


        • #5
          Info for keyboard usage, including a layout of the keyboard mapping.

          As far as the others go, they are greyed out as they have not been developed yet. I'd assume the devs created the space for them so as to not have to revamp the GUI when these features are coded and functional. So they are planned, but the development on ICE3 has slowed significantly in the last 6-8 months or so.

          Responses from the devs have been few and far between lately. They did apologize, saying that ICE3 had been moved to the backburner for now. I suppose life kinda gets in the way of the fun stuff sometimes. They have also said that the source for ICE3 would be released when they tire of it, and as it hasn't been released yet, I would assume that they still have an interest in furthering the program, just not enough time. What ICE3 is right now is pretty dang good (solid media player with a few bugs here and there), and personally, I'm stoked and thankful with all the time and effort the devs have put in thus far.

          I hope this helps!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Heisiam1513 View Post
            Info for keyboard usage, including a layout of the keyboard mapping.

            As far as the others go, they are greyed out as they have not been developed yet. I'd assume the devs created the space for them so as to not have to revamp the GUI when these features are coded and functional. So they are planned, but the development on ICE3 has slowed significantly in the last 6-8 months or so.

            Responses from the devs have been few and far between lately. They did apologize, saying that ICE3 had been moved to the backburner for now. I suppose life kinda gets in the way of the fun stuff sometimes. They have also said that the source for ICE3 would be released when they tire of it, and as it hasn't been released yet, I would assume that they still have an interest in furthering the program, just not enough time. What ICE3 is right now is pretty dang good (solid media player with a few bugs here and there), and personally, I'm stoked and thankful with all the time and effort the devs have put in thus far.

            I hope this helps!

            I love it but the only thing I need is some way to integrate GPS map software without having to load Parallels or something everytime...That takes too long everytime you start your car and uses too much resources form the mini....I just dont want to go the CF3 route I'm a mac fan at heart. Why go through all the trouble of installing, buying a mini and then hafta use bootcamp windows to run CF3?

            I bought a mac and want to stay mac.

            Comment


            • #7
              Why don't you try NavIt?
              iC3
              Citroen C3

              progress ##### 50%

              ICE3

              ITALY

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by greghy90 View Post
                Why don't you try NavIt?
                I do not see a MAC OS Version Only Windows...Do you have a link for the DL?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by svantine360 View Post
                  I do not see a MAC OS Version Only Windows...Do you have a link for the DL?
                  http://wiki.navit-project.org/index.php/NavIt_on_MacOS
                  iC3
                  Citroen C3

                  progress ##### 50%

                  ICE3

                  ITALY

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X