Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Day Light Savings Patch for my XP Beast/Tiny Edition?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day Light Savings Patch for my XP Beast/Tiny Edition?

Hi.

So apparently the times for DST are going to change. I have two computers in my home running Vista, so they will not be affected. However, I also have another home computer running Tiny XP and my carputer which runs XP Beast Edition. I came across this Microsoft site which guides the user in updating their operating systems for this new DST change:
    http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cp_dst
    Microsoft's solution is to run Windows update, but I cannot do that, for obvious reasons. So I was wondering if there was some executable that I can run to patch my computers? Maybe it can be downloaded from the Microsoft website by someone running a retail version of XP? Help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Here is a link to the patch from MS. I downloaded it and then uploaded it to a site I am starting to work on.

http://atvms.com/WindowsXP-KB931836-x86-ENU.exe
    7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
    ATVMS.com

Comment

Sweet...thanks alot.

Comment

No problem. Anything I can do to help out a member. And tonight is the night so I knew you needed it fast. LOL
        7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
        ATVMS.com

Comment

Man... Talk about last minute...

Literally
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I'm wondering if it worked. I know you need to have at least SP1 installed. Not sure if his builds were updated that far.
            ATVMS.com

Comment

Working...
            X