What OS should i use

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What OS should i use

Hey i was wondering what OS i should use for my mp3player. I have a pentium 133 with 32 megs of Ram. All i want to be able to do is boot up automatically into a program that plays mp3's and control it form there. I am no software wizard so any ideas would help.
    werd to ya momma

i'd go with 98lite. that'll bootup pretty fast and you could auto start say winamp instead of the windows explorer. If you don't know 98lite is a stripped down version of 98. Basically they took out all the trash 95% of users will never use.
    '98 Explorer Sport
    http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
    AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
    80% done

Comment

I'd use good ol' DOS. I did for my P150 w/ 48 MB system and it worked great for a year until I got some better stuff. It boots quick and you're not troubled with shutdown problems. Just flick a switch.

Comment

98lite?

where do I download/purchase this 98lite? is there a dos way of doing this with some kind of gui interface or is it just command line? thanks,,dan

Comment

Well, if you want a GUI, can we assume that you have a graphical display? even so, what are you REALLY going to display on a screen connected to a P133?? for DOS, MPXPLAY, isn't really graphical, but its good, or, you could use... umm... I forget... but it had a good menu system that was nade to look like windows, sorta..
          2 week temp ban (spam and complaining about deleted posts)
          register another account and you're gone for good.

Comment

Problems with dos

I have had absolutly nothing but problems so far with DOS. I tried mpxplay and MCAS and neither of them came close to working. I am so DOS guru so unless someone can show me a realy simplified install of this im gunna go with 98 lite if i can find it.
            werd to ya momma

Comment

Working...
            X