X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cadillac's GPS Software

I was browsing around and found this
    Has anyone had a chance to actually see this GPS software being used? It totally looks cool with a 3D type of view and shows lil' buildings and stuff along the way. I would prefer to use software like this as compared to plain ol' co-pilot 2002. Maybe this could be a hint to those of us who can code in 3D

Looks very cool, but I doubt the 3D models are accurate.

Why in the hell would anybody buy THIS?!?
    Don't Click

Comment

Id just like to say that ive seen a lot of people driving around in escalades in chicago, and even some avalanches (gm suv/pickup) but I have NEVER seen someone in one of those driving around. And a friend is looking to get a new tahoe, and the dealership he was at had them for like 10k under msrp, and still no one was going near them (for obvious reasons).
      -Nick

Comment

i would love to have that escalade, riding on 22's with monitors on every headrest, and music bumping that you can hear it blocks away.

Comment

Detroit...

Why in the hell would anybody buy THIS?!?
          Come to Detroit. There is one on every block. If ya dont own a big American truck here, you dont belong.
          I'm a ghost...email me if you have any questions on my old setup

My way outdated website: http://www.poboytech.net

FYI: I sold my 96 4Runner and bought a 1985

Comment

The models are supposed to be pretty accurate. I remember reading an article or something on company that makes the software for them. They send people out to get the heights and other dimensions of common landmarks. And of course they use topographic maps for general terrain.
            Player: Celeron II 633MHz, 256MB RAM, 20GB IBM 9mm 2.5" Laptop HD (180G/2ms), onboard ethernet/sound/video/tvout, 10"11"x3" case, MPBS1 70W DC-DC PS w/auto-shutdown controller, in-dash lighted switches, 7" NTSC TFT widescreen in-dash LCD, touchscreen, rear-window brake light installed Garmin GPS35 GPS, credit card sized IR remote w/IRMan, mini-wireless keyboard/mouse (sits under seat), PowerMate black knob, MP3s and GPS Navigation (Winamp, CoPilot, SA8.0).
            Car: 1993 Nissan Maxima, Black Emerald

Comment

This may not show Buildings but it is 3D.

Topo USA 4.0
              Aura MR62 (F and R)
              My Current MP3s
              IamDefiler.com

Comment

Wow that is *very* cool...not sure if it has an appropriate interface to be used whilst driving though :-\

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMatty
                  Wow that is *very* cool...not sure if it has an appropriate interface to be used whilst driving though :-\
                  I think it has the same interface as Street Atlas 9 Deluxe. Which isn't the best but it works.
                  Aura MR62 (F and R)
                  My Current MP3s
                  IamDefiler.com

Comment

From what I see on the picture, it is a system from "magneti marelli", an italian company. The 3D view doesn't show buildings, but small icons for hotels, gas stations and so on.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                    ...Unix, DOS, and Windows XP
                    (also known as the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly).
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I find the EXTS are UGLY and useless I like my escalade SUV way more I know I dont put anything inside or suse the 5th or 6th seats but its still prtetty retarded cause if I wanted to haul something around up here in CAnada where the only other vehicles on the roads are trucks. theres never a EXt with anything int he back. my 2002 escalade doesnt haul nothing around. but it looks nice haha it was the first in my town. but now 1 of like 40 (small town of about 45 000 people). Only one with 20 inch boss chrome rims though.

Comment

Dude, this thread is from 2002.
                        [H]4 Life
                        My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                        It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                        I'm a lesbian too.
                        I am for hire!

Comment

Yep, looks like someone was playing with the DeLorean again.
                          Originally posted by frodobaggins
                          Dude, this thread is from 2002.
                          1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

Comment

404 in the link from the first post
                            01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
                            01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
                            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
                            mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

"Welcome back to the year 2002.... When life was simpler, when Ebay GPS Mice were nowhere to be found... and FrodoPlayer wasn't even a thought...."
                              Project "Media-Z" : 99 Camaro Z28 (Click to View)

Comment

Working...
                              X