Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Controlling Mobile Phone from PC (Experts Needed)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controlling Mobile Phone from PC (Experts Needed)

hey all
    i am searching for way to control some kind of mobile phones from pc (nokia, Sony Ericsson) not for calling or send messages but to control some functionality on the phone like play a music file or turn on the radio and seek for channels but from PC !!

can any body help me please.

this will be very usefull cuz we can use our mobiles as FM radio in the car and we can stream the audio to the PC and change channels from frontend !!
    We Exist because there is no patch for human Stupidity !!

We need you ALL Here !!

don't think you can do that..
    the phone control software with most features available worldwide is Phoco..and it can't do that as this as not in the intentions of the creator..and i guess it is too much "phone specific"

Comment

For SE certainly you can pick up their "AT" commands pdf on their developer's website. Not sure if it includes radio or mp3, but it certainly extends past calls - go have a look.

Comment

whats up guys !!
        no body know if we really can control the mobile FM module from PC !!

We need you ALL Here !!

Comment

Maybe something like this may help.
          http://www.soti.net/default.asp?Cmd=...s&SubCmd=PCPro
          It will need to be skinned.

Road_Dog

Comment

Hi, make a view of this...

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/gps/...-carputer.html

Best Regards!

Comment

thanks guys but all this for Pocket PC i am looking for normal Mobile Phones which has a FM Tuner !! lest keep searching

We need you ALL Here !!

Comment

Originally posted by bishooman View Post
                thanks guys but all this for Pocket PC i am looking for normal Mobile Phones which has a FM Tuner !! lest keep searching
                Works with my Samsung Blackjack SmartPhone.
                I think you are at the mercy of your phone manufacturer if it is running proprietary phone os.

Road_Dog

Comment

Have you seen this?

I used this to get all of mine as well as my wifes phone numbers off our phones to save. I also use it to connect my phone to the net via bluetooth. My phone doesn't have a radio sooo don't know if it'll work.

http://www.datapilot.com/

For those who fought FREEDOM has a flavor the PROTECTED will never know. Support our troops.

Comment

hi "insaneramman" i used that too, but it's not work to me. i think thats not compatible..
                    Nico John
                    zone-car.com

Comment

Yeah, in order to get this to work someone will need to make an application that resides on the phone and connects to an app on the computer using bluetooth. But that isn't the hard part. The phone app will need to be able to connect to the radio module. Being a .NET developer, I could probably do this for a pocket pc smartphone but we'd need more of a java developer for standard phones. And even then you'd have to hope that there is only 1 chip out there that provides radio.

I currently use an HTC-8900 Pocket PC phone and it does not have an FM tuner in it so I wouldn't have anything to test with.
                      --------------------------
                      Software Developed:
                      DS-ATX Controller Interface
                      Laptop Shutdown Controller

Considered Projects:
                      TPMS Interface
                      Bluetooth Handsfree Interface (WIDCOMM/BROADCOMM)

Comment

any updates on this.

i would like to use my sony ericssons radio tuner on my pc
                        95 Mustang 5.0
                        Custom Case, VIA m10000, 512 MB, 80gig, M2-ATX, Slot Load DVD, 7" LCD Touchscreen

80% done

Comment

Working...
                        X