Winamp 3 released.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winamp 3 released.

Don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet. Go here to get it, i'm not sure if winamp.com has it (don't know why):
    http://www.deskmod.com/?show=news&nid=878

It has a lot more features (fading, totally resizable), should be more useful.
    FV24 w/ 800mhz celeron & 256ram w/ DVD, WinXP, wireless keyboard/mouse & wireless gamepad, JVC LCD & TV tuner, two pioneer 10"s. Everything crammed in my 98 neon.

Buggy still...

3 Days ago I picked up the latest version off winamp.com. Looks sweet and has some really nice features...BUT, it still has bugs. The play list can be increased in size by hitting "CTRL +", but when you exit and start it up again, it resets to tiny font size :-(... I cant wait till everything is fixed! Maybe it was released today though? ADJUSTABLE SCREEN!! I want!

POBOy
    I'm a ghost...email me if you have any questions on my old setup

My way outdated website: http://www.poboytech.net

FYI: I sold my 96 4Runner and bought a 1985

Comment

Re: Buggy still...

if you look now the nice, sweet new look winamp.com website is up and running.... and winamp 3 is now the main download.... sweet...

I installed it and reckon it rocks..... the video player is nice too with a DivX movie... will be leaving 2.80 for sure..... yeah there will be a few bugz... but version 2.xx followed the same path..... considering I was using winamp from basically its birth - pre-skinning dayz...... ahhh the memories..! just havta track down some API programming docs and add WA3 to my mp3car system too.....

if u still want old-skool 2.80 you can get it here...

http://classic.winamp.com/
      Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

Re: Buggy still...

Originally posted by PoBoy
        3 Days ago I picked up the latest version off winamp.com. Looks sweet and has some really nice features...BUT, it still has bugs. The play list can be increased in size by hitting "CTRL +", but when you exit and start it up again, it resets to tiny font size :-(... I cant wait till everything is fixed! Maybe it was released today though? ADJUSTABLE SCREEN!! I want!

POBOy
        Yeah the font does reshrink. but you can just use the scale feature, and it sticks when you start (see pic)!
        90% Done
        60W DC-DC & shutdown controller
        Via C3 800, 512mb Ram, HDD 75GB IBM Deskstar, 5.6" In dash Dcustoms LCD w/ 3m USB Touch setup
        Rockfors 400s 400W amp,2x 10" Rockford Subs, Sony CDX M730 Head unit
        All in a shiny White 2000 V6 Mustang
        Click here to visit my NEW PhotoAlbum

Comment

They re-assigned the keypad and not all can be done from there anymore.

For some reason, it won't let me change it...

-Mario

Comment

I'm a big fan of the jump to track function (J in winamp 2.x) that has been left out of this version
            aka Kumaneko
            "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
            Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
            mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
            Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Comment

How scale?

How did you get that scale menu up? Ive right clicked everywhere...least i think... or are you creating a skin?

PoBoy
              I'm a ghost...email me if you have any questions on my old setup

My way outdated website: http://www.poboytech.net

FYI: I sold my 96 4Runner and bought a 1985

Comment

Originally posted by ShinkunoNamida
                I'm a big fan of the jump to track function (J in winamp 2.x) that has been left out of this version
                Yeah (if you have the final version of Winamp 3)... Even though it isn't the same and I don't like it as much... if you click the playlist and push F3 then you can type into the little box that appears and it shows matches on the right side of the playlist where it usually shows playlist name.

BTW when I try to start Winamp 3 (final) I DL'd last night... it gives me this message: " The Procedure entry point [email protected]@@[email protected] could not be located in the dynamic link library common.dll "

Oh yeah and the title of the pop up says: "Studio.exe - Entry point not found"

Anyway if I click OK 6 times (it pops up over and over) then a few secs later Winamp pops up... and that is the only bug I have found with it... I mean otherwise it's cool, with the exception that there i no way to change my icon prefs for file associations through winamp, but I realize they cut a bunch of stuff to get this out and will slowly be adding old features (is what there FAQ on the winamp forums says).

-Josh
                Josh Karger
                By reading this post you agree to overlook all grammatical, spelling, and typographical errors! ;)

Comment

Even on my hope pc i rarely touch my mouse.. I'm a big fan of key commands. that's what I love about winamp 2.x

Hopefully they decide to put these simple keycommands back in, or some how create a nice mousefree interface
                  aka Kumaneko
                  "Don't make me moderate your ***!"
                  Maxima of Doom - project thread - photo gallery
                  mp3car system is currently FUBAR and finances do not allow for a correction of that situation
                  Real computer hackers use a rotary cutting tool on their motherboard.

Comment

I agree Shin, I like the "jump to" or j thing a lot more... and with the start up problem I have... I am just going to stay with 2.xx for a while.
                    Josh Karger
                    By reading this post you agree to overlook all grammatical, spelling, and typographical errors! ;)

Comment

Re: How scale?

Originally posted by PoBoy
                      How did you get that scale menu up? Ive right clicked everywhere...least i think... or are you creating a skin?

PoBoy
                      No, I just left click on the little plus button on the upper left hand corner of each window.
                      90% Done
                      60W DC-DC & shutdown controller
                      Via C3 800, 512mb Ram, HDD 75GB IBM Deskstar, 5.6" In dash Dcustoms LCD w/ 3m USB Touch setup
                      Rockfors 400s 400W amp,2x 10" Rockford Subs, Sony CDX M730 Head unit
                      All in a shiny White 2000 V6 Mustang
                      Click here to visit my NEW PhotoAlbum

Comment

Originally posted by CaffeineAddict
                        BTW when I try to start Winamp 3 (final) I DL'd last night... it gives me this message: " The Procedure entry point [email protected]@@[email protected] could not be located in the dynamic link library common.dll "
                        You must have used the betas or RC's

Uninstall, delete directory, install final version.
                        www.arbybean.com

Comment

im liking the new Winamp. A bunch of new stuff to get used to. The one thing i dont like is that the settings for the Spectrum Analyser (the thing right below the time) cannot be modified. In the good ole 2.x days you could change the frames per second and stuff like that. I definatlely like the new playlist setup, but it will take me a bit to learn how to fully use it.

Does anyone know if the IrMan Winamp plugin will work with version 3.0?? Thanks.
                          2004 F-150
                          Shuttle XPC, 80gig HD, Wireless Internet, DVD
                          "How piMP3d is your ride??"

Comment

You must have used the betas or RC's
                            I originally said:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CaffeineAddict
                            [B]
                            BTW when I try to start Winamp 3 (final) ...
                            QUOTE]

I had the final... I did play with the beta and didn't have that problem, and I cleaned it out completely (uninstalled) and re-installed it... but it still gave me that error.

Anyway I am sticking with 2.xx because of the plugins until there is a way to use them with the new 3.0 (someone, probably more that one person is working on a way to use old plugins on 3.0). Anyway by then if there isnt another release, then I will try to get it fixed.

But I found another problem, I was using Winamp 3.0 to play a cd and when I closed Winamp, the music kept playing (not a crossfading "fadeout"...played regularly and didn't stop until I popped it out of the drive).

anyway 2.xx is fine with me

-Josh
                            Josh Karger

Comment

winamp3

usin winamp3, i like it, plays movies just fine. + i have some movies split into 2 files, so i just playlist em and im away.
                              i found a plugin for it too, called RM-X, which alows you to add keyboard and gamepad controls to it.

10/10 nullsoft.

Comment

Working...
                              X