opening front end automatically at startup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opening front end automatically at startup

Ok, first of all, i'm sorry for posting this as i know there's a post on here somewhere detailing how to do it because i remember reading it. BUT, i have searched, and have not found, so, a simple question, what is the best way to go about having a front end (i'm using road runner) open up on system startup as soon as i'm logged in?

Once i've got an answer to this or a link to the thread i'm thinking of then mods please feel free to delete this post if it's considered duplication. Thanks in advance, Bryce.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/faq-...front-end.html or just put a shortcut to roadrunner.exe in your startup folder in the start menu.
    OLD SYSTEM (DEAD)
    Intel D945GCLF2 Dual Core ATOM
    Lilliput 7" 629GL 2008 LED Backlight
    BU-353 USB GPS Receiver / iGuidance / IGO8
    M2-ATX Power Supply
    RideRunner Front End / Various Skins
    Windows XP SP3

Comment

thank you very much, much appreciated

Comment

shame people have to be scared of being told off my the mods!

anyway, there is another way to do it through the registry. Windows automatically loads the explorer shell, which takes time. You can get it to load the front end instead, which means it'll boot quicker, but you won't have the explorer shell if the front end crashes. So the better approaches I've seen is to get windows to load the front end first, and then the front end loads the explorer shell (explorer.exe). This way you get the best of both worlds.
        Current:
        [BMW E46 ///M3 Convertible]

Previous:
        [BMW E31 850CSi]|[BMW E39 535i]|[BMW HVAC Research]|[IBUS Scrolling Text]|[BMPuter]|[Velocity]|[TomTom]|[Vision]|[Space Navigator Driver]|[Super Fast Boot]

Comment

Working...
        X