no video in roadrunner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no video in roadrunner

Well I just reinstalled xp on my carputer, then installed roadrunner, winamp and windvd, and k-lite codec pack and loaded all my music and movies back on and now I'm having a little problem. When I try to play any videos the audio plays but not the video, how do I fix this, thanks.

can you reccomend any codec packs, because for some reason k-lite has failed me

Comment

I'm not sure which one I installed, it's one I downloaded ages ago and have it one my server at home.

I'll try and look later today if you haven't found anything by then.

Comment

I've just started a fresh install of xp for my carputer project so I too would like to know what is the best codec players to install.

If I'm not mistaken, I think when I installed the newest win.media player on my other computer, it updated a lot of codecs.

Comment

ffdshow tryouts did the trick for me.

Comment

I have a similar issue - just wiped my machine and re-installed RR.

The videos used to work before but don't now - they work when i play them directly in media player classic but not in RR - but they don't even start so i know its a different issue.

I installed the Kodec Pack and winamp and im using TinyXP with minilogin if that makes any difference ?

Comment

Interesting........

I'm having similar issue, but it seems to only be in lsx void 3.0 skin..............all other skins work and mpc will play videos when run stand alone.

Which skin are you running?
              For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
              Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

Im using a slightly edited standard skin - the one that comes with the RR install

Comment

check the rr bug tracker..latest rr had a problem with video
                  guino fixed it yesterday..redownload RR

Comment

Excellent - i only downloaded it yesterday but was possibly before he fixed it - thanks for the info , ill check when i get home

Comment

Ok , just tried that and it seems that i have the latest install ... the thing is it works find on media player classic directly , but they dont even start to play when in RR

Comment

Originally posted by djtaz View Post
                        Ok , just tried that and it seems that i have the latest install ... the thing is it works find on media player classic directly , but they dont even start to play when in RR
                        Same issue still here too.............

I'm getting mci errors in the debug log.

Anyone?
                        For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
                        Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

there are 2 ways of playing videos in RR
                          1. selecting built in video
                          2. selecting MPC

try the 2nd athough it is not as integrated as the 1st but it might work for you.
                          as for the 2nd i really do not know what it needs for it to work..directshow??! maybe guino could enlighten us more

Comment

Well, I have gotten mpc to work, but it eventually go "tits-up" also. At first I thought it was something in the void 3.0 skin, but now..............not so sure...........
                            Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

Working...
                            X