Will someone help me program my relay control module

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will someone help me program my relay control module

I recently bought an R85 relay control board from www.controlanything.com I've emailed their tech support regarding my needs for this board. They said that their relay board will do what I want. It's all in the programming. After weeks of playing with VB6, I'm about to give up. Will someone please write me a basic program to run my relay control board? The basic source code can be downloaded at http://www.controlanything.com/cgi-b...duct_Code=R810

This is how I want my relays to function.

Relay 1 click once activates the relay for half second and also activate the relay as long as I hold down the mouse button
    inactive name = "Roll Driver Window Up" active name = "Rolling Driver Window Up"

Relay 2 click once or hold the mouse button activates the relay for half second
    Inactive name = "Engine Start" no name change when active

Relay 3 single click turns the relay, click again, turns the relay off
    inactive name = "Activate Headlights Parking Lights" Active name = "Headlights Parking Lights On"

Relay 4 click once activates the relay for half second and also activate the relay as long as I hold down the muse button
    inactive name = "Roll Passenger Window Up" active name = "Rolling Passenger Window Up"

Relay 5 click once activates the relay for half second and also activate the relay as long as I hold down the muse button
    inactive name = "Roll Driver Window Down" active name = "Rolling Driver Window Down"

Relay 6 click once or hold the mouse button activates the relay for half second
    Inactive name = "Lock All Doors" Active name = "Locking All Doors"

Relay 7 click once or hold the mouse button activates the relay for half second
    Inactive name = "Unlock All Doors" Active name = "Unlocking All Doors"

Relay 8 click once activates the relay for half second and also activate the relay as long as I hold down the muse button
    inactive name = "Roll Passenger Window Down" active name = "Rolling Passenger Window Down"

This is how I want the software to look like. Please help me
    NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
    If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

And what do I get for it

I think it would be fairly easy but don;t have a board to test it with.
    Cos its been like 3 years since I did any programming in VB..
    Would you also be able to supply the schematic for the board so I have an idea of how it works.
    if you do that I'll grab the example code and have a play for ya
    Duron 900/GF2 MX 440/550W inverter/5" TFT/2x16 LCD/80 gig/256M/lots of messy wires and electrical tape

Comment

Well i suck at vb and this looks pretty easy considering they give you the code on the site.

Comment

Originally posted by CVT-Em
        And what do I get for it

Would you also be able to supply the schematic for the board so I have an idea of how it works.
        if you do that I'll grab the example code and have a play for ya

You can download the manual at http://www.controlanything.com/manuals/R8XB.PDF That is the only thing I can found.
        If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

yeh, ok
          I'll make one up for ya tonight.
          What resolution?
          Full screen?
          Always on top?
          Show up in start bar?
          resizeable?

I was really after the main IC's that are used.. or the PIC code so that I could use my own code for interfacing it. I looked at the one on the site and its ok tho
          Duron 900/GF2 MX 440/550W inverter/5" TFT/2x16 LCD/80 gig/256M/lots of messy wires and electrical tape

Comment

Default resolution? quarter VGA should be good 320X240

Full screen? maximizable would be good.

Always on top? This program will run along with GPS, winamp, media player so Always on top wouldnt be a good idea

Show up in start bar? shortcut can always be added to the start menu

resizeable? no preference but would be a plus.

If the software is good, I want to make it avalible for anyone to use since controlanything.com doesnt provide software for its customers. I have wipped up a couple of demo executables of how I want the software should operate. Of course they don't work b/c I dont know how to code it to work with the board. I only know how to make it what I want it to look like.

The first screen shot is what the program looks like
            The second screen shot is what the preference looks like.

On the preference, you can change what the buttons display when the relays are at rest, active. You can even insert your own logo for the buttons.

Multiple com port settings. People who use this board most likely will have touch screen, and GPS so the port setting should be compatible with at least port 1 through 4. For port 3 and 4, the software must look for those ports through serial to USB adapter.

When you click on relay number, you can program that relay to latch, click and hold (validity) or single pulse or series of pulses or timed output. You can also program delayed activation and/ or deactivation. This means when you click on the button, you can set a time before the relay activates and deactivates.

I think this program will be useful for those who wants to expand their mobile PC farther than just playing MP3, videos, GPS nav. There are quite a few people on this board who have the above mentioned plus going as far as displaying engine datas on their screen via OBD-II port. With this program and NCD's relay board, we can do more than just the usual computer multimedia. You can also start your car with your computer, unlock doors, turn on headlights and parking lights and so on and so on. the possiblities are endless. Im sure with voice activation software, you can actually sit inside your car and say "driver window down" and the computer rolls down your driver window. You could probably program the computer to start your car when you double clap your hands like the "Clapper" turns on and off your house lights.

2k1civic.com already has one of this board. For some reason, his software doent work with my board. Im sure if you get the software to work, he will probably want one since this program is totally programmable. There are quite a few Discussion on relay control modules but most of them ran off the printer port and activates the relays during computer boot up. I really hope you can get the software to work.

Comment

oops forgot the include the source code

Originally posted by CVT-Em
              yeh, ok
              I'll make one up for ya tonight.
              What resolution?
              Full screen?
              Always on top?
              Show up in start bar?
              resizeable?

I was really after the main IC's that are used.. or the PIC code so that I could use my own code for interfacing it. I looked at the one on the site and its ok tho

Comment

Working...
              X