need a MP3 player that has good Jump

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a MP3 player that has good Jump

OK, I've looked and looked unsuccessfully. OK, here's my latest issue.

I'm gonna hook up a LCD in my car and run Winamp. That all seems fine and dandy. But from my testing, the fonts are pretty illegible, even at 640x480. I've tried all kinds of windows Appearance settings, and was able to increase the font size of icons, the winamp playlist, etc.

But my whole reason for really wanting to put a LCD in my card is 2 reasons. 1: To see what songs are playing, and 2: To be able to see what songs are available when I press "J" to JUMP to a song in Winamp.

Well, in winamp, you can seem to change every font, except for the font in the Jump list. How annoying.

So, I've been trying to find a replacement for Winamp that lets you jump to a song on your playlist. I can't seem to find one that works as nice as Winamp.

Anyone know of a MP3 program that does that, or know how to change the font size in Winamp (2.8) jump list?
    ------------------------------------------------
    Car: 2000 Grand Am GT
    PC: Pentium III 900mhz 40GB 256mb RAM
    Software: Winamp 5.-3 on WinXP
    Stats: 22 second boot, 6300+ MP3's in playlist
    Head Unit: Blaupunkdt Casablanca

Get winamp 3??
    2 week temp ban (spam and complaining about deleted posts)
    register another account and you're gone for good.

Comment

can't

Winamp3 doesn't support Windows95. I installed Win95 to improve the boot up time. All other Win OS's take too long to boot.

Comment

What system are you running??? surely you can sacrifice a few seconds boot time for windows 98???
        2 week temp ban (spam and complaining about deleted posts)
        register another account and you're gone for good.

Comment

You can change the font size of the icons and Winamp playlist! The icon setting in the appearence tab lets you do the icons, and you can change the playlist font size in Winamps' options. I had to do the same thing on my carputer. Your just not looking hard enough!
          http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/Maveric/ M.A.V.I.C. System
          Asus MB, PII 266, 192 MB Ram, 6.8" LCD, 6 Disk CD-ROM, 21 Gig HD, All-in-Wonder Video w/ TV Tuner, Irman, Windows ME, Winamp, Cobra III -- All in a custom acrylic case.

http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/listings/ MP3car Listings - Please add to it! :)

Comment

I did that

I changed the icon size in the appearance tab. That's the first thing I did. And my font size under my icons on my desktop did get bigger. But when I pressed "J" in winamp, the tracklist came up, and the font there was still 8.

I'll play with it some more.

This may force me to get a VGA LCD instead of a NTSC LCD. But the VGA screens are way more expensive...

Comment

Working...
            X