need usb software to control winamp & shutdown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need usb software to control winamp & shutdown

I am looking for software that could monitor a usb gamepad buttons (something like joytokey).

As an example, button 1 is connected to the ignition, when ignition is turned off, switch is closed, button 1 sends a global hotkey to winamp and winamp pauses or closes, then if ignition is turned on, button is released and winamp resumes.

A timer may be another option, so it shuts down in 5-30 minutes of inactivity.

Any idea where i could find or how i could make software like that?<br /><br />

I made a shutdowncontroller for the comport awhile ago:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/soft...-rr-style.html

Maybe you can use that?

Comment

i tried your software and it worked well, but i only have 1 comport (laptop) can it be used with a usb-serial adapter perhaps?
      or what about a program to accept inputs on modem?

Comment

ok, i bought a usb to serial adapter, i made the circuit and after an hour of ripping hair out, got it working (problem with addon pcmcia usb card, hooked it directly to onboard usb, works now)

I have it connected to my remote wire on my deck so it pauses winamp with my stereo.

I really like the winamp pause feature

I also use a second winamp install for video output for the headrest screen for my son to watch movies while we drive, which i renamed to winvid.exe for uice controls to not confuse them.

I was wondering if you had a way i could modify it as it would be nice to pause the other winamp, divx or any other media that may be playing at the time.

Thanks again!!

Comment

How do you control the second winamp instance? The Shutdown controller software actually tells RR to pause / resume.

Comment

i don't actually use a frontend, i do everything through explorer as i have a remote control and wireless keyboard/mouse in my sunvisor. is there any way for me to change what application it pauses?

Comment

Try to download new version from the same place:

http://ormkarr.cjb.net/downloads/SDC.rar

Comment

Originally posted by weekendowel View Post
                Try to download new version from the same place:

i apologize, i was mixed up, i had the wrong software, one called shutdown by Johan Svensson. yours is compatible as well with my needsand hardware. Is there any way to modify either of these apps to communicate with other media programs?

Comment

Originally posted by yalpngulp View Post
                  i apologize, i was mixed up, i had the wrong software, one called shutdown by Johan Svensson. yours is compatible as well with my needsand hardware. Is there any way to modify either of these apps to communicate with other media programs?
                  Shutdown by Johan Svensson is just an older version of this software :-)

I added commands in the inifile to be able to control other software you can find latest version on the same location, also added a readmefile for the configuration file:

Comment

Originally posted by weekendowel View Post
                    Shutdown by Johan Svensson is just an older version of this software :-)

I added commands in the inifile to be able to control other software you can find latest version on the same location, also added a readmefile for the configuration file:

that's awesome, i appreciate it. unfortunately, the download link is broken

Comment

Sorry, had a router breakdown, luckily I had warranty. Try downloading again.

Comment

Great, got the file. I did a search as suggested in your readme for wm_commands for divx player and wasn't successful. i got nothing but a headache from the search. I found plenty for winamp and wm player. What keywords should i be using to find this info?

Also, is there any way to change the timeout value for displaying the exit menu to have it disappear after 5 seconds?

Comment

I might be able to use the sendkey command to just send keystrokes to the application. I will check it out.

Comment

Working...
                          X