Use ATT natural voice in iG4?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use ATT natural voice in iG4?

Is there anyway to use ATT natural voice in iGuidance 4?

don't like the IG4 voice? I think it sounds quite well actually, not to mention it matches the voice in the WAV files included in the app. A buddy of mine got IG4 and isn't liking it very much. We both have a similar setup and gps reciever (LT-20 POS) with the exception of I have IG3 and mappoint. IG4 is getting him lost all the time, maps don't update, etc. I'm thinking it's the gps receiver though. I was going to upgrade to the BU-353 or 355 (jury's still out on that one whether I want USB or serial) and might give him my LT-20 out of sympathy

Comment

It still sounds different than other front end voice prompt, and of course much better than Micro$oft Sam, but sometimes I think the street name sounds better in ATT.

Comment

guess I haven't heard the ATT stuff, is it downloadable for free?

Comment

No, the AT&T voices are for sale. I have found that the NeoSPeech voices are a step up from the AT&T voices. I have been using Text to Speech on my home automation system for quite a few years, and have tried many many voices

I wish I could use the NeoSPeech voices for iGuidance, but have not found a way. I'm pretty sure the voice is proprietary to iG, and that its not using SAPI.

You can also do a hack in the registry to make iG 4.0 speak 100% using the TTS, and not have it do half in wav and the other half in TTS.

* Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\iNav\iGuidance

* Right-click on empty space in the right pane, and then select New > DWORD

* Name it TTS

* Set the value to 0 to hear direction prompts consisting of only WAV

* Set the value to 1 to hear direction prompts consisting of WAV & TTS

* Set the value to 2 to hear direction prompts consisting of only TTS

0 = voice prompts as in older iGuidance versions (no street names)
          1 = default voice prompts of iGuidance 4 (Mixed .wav and TTS)
          2 = TTS (text-to-speech) used for the whole voice prompt (not just for street names)
          Front End of Choice: Ride Runner (Is there anything else??? ) & Powered by the DFX5.1 Skin Available in the Mobile App Mart

My Fiero Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by JohnWPB View Post
            No, the AT&T voices are for sale. I have found that the NeoSPeech voices are a step up from the AT&T voices. I have been using Text to Speech on my home automation system for quite a few years, and have tried many many voices

I wish I could use the NeoSPeech voices for iGuidance, but have not found a way. I'm pretty sure the voice is proprietary to iG, and that its not using SAPI.

You can also do a hack in the registry to make iG 4.0 speak 100% using the TTS, and not have it do half in wav and the other half in TTS.
            WOW mate if you of all people can't mod the voice in iGuidance then it cant happen,pity
            DFX5 The HOT ROD Skin Of Front Ends

Comment

Working...
            X