Bios boot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bios boot

Anyone know where I can get a jeep image that I can use for my dell optiplex gx150 carputer. I hate seeing the dell logo on boot, it should be a jeep logo for my Jeeputer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also can't figure out exactly how to put that into my optiplex BIOS, seems a little different than others.
    Project Page - 1993 Wrangler Jeeputer
    Progress Meter {**-------} 15% most of the parts are in or have been ordered... Assembly has begun!!!!

I've seen some threads around for optiplex. can't seem to find them now.

Comment

Yeah I did some pretty good searching and didn't find the optiplex threads... I was hoping someone remembered something about it, or better yet did it and can share :-)
      Project Page - 1993 Wrangler Jeeputer
      Progress Meter {**-------} 15% most of the parts are in or have been ordered... Assembly has begun!!!!

Comment

hy
        have modify the boot screen?
        Under construct: Dell Optiplex GX 150

Comment

Theres a program called theme xp that will help you modify your boot screen, login, and desktop theme. Although I would advise against using all the options since its a real memory hog.
          Once you've had the "Carputer" experience, you will wonder how you ever lived without it...

Comment

i`m interesting to modify the bios boot screean and not windows.

Comment

Originally posted by adamopel View Post
              i`m interesting to modify the bios boot screean and not windows.
              It can be done, but it involves flashing the bios.

Basically, change the image in the bios flash file.

Sounds easy doesn't it?

But:

Get the colur depth, size, or anything else wrong and when you flash your bios you will probably end up with a "F'd" up mobo..............

Google a bit and you'll find lots of instructions on it.

*another thought just came to me*
              DEll used to have a utility that would allow you to change the bios image, but it was only for certain models (I use an optiplex gx 270 an it doesn't work on that model). Can't remember what it was called. Check it out on the DEll forums (that's where I ran across it), you may get lucky and it may work on your 150....
              For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
              Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

thanks, i will search some info on dell forum...maybe it can.
                i was thinking that @underwaterdan solved this

Comment

Working...
                X